SLI or buy new card?
k so i have a msi gtx 560 ti hawk had it for over year now and i love it,it can max out any game i play bf3,crysis2,skyrim...at 1600x900 that is (lol).But last week my gf got me a "ASUS VG Series VG278H Black 27" 2ms HDMI Swivel & Height Adjustable Widescreen LED Backlight LCD 3D 120Hz Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1 w/ 3D glasses and speakers".At 1920x1080 bf3,crysis2,skyrim lag and i get bad fps so i would to ask what would get me better fps cuz i like to max my games out..would it better to get othere gtx 560ti and sli or just buy a one of the new nvidia 6xx card? my price rang is $450-$500.thx
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Intel Core i5-2500K oc to 4.5ghz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600
Western Digital Caviar Blue
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W GOLD
I personally would look at trying to sell the 560 and move up to a 670. (I always go for single cards over SLI) But if you add a second 560ti, it would give you a nice boost in performance me thinks for the smallest amount of money.
gtx 670's are $365-$430, a new 560ti hawk here is $219, limited quantity's though. I would look for a lightly used 560ti hawk.
go to pricebat.ca to see each major e'tailer's prices.
A pair of 560 ti's should be sufficient, however there are fewer headaches with a single card. If a 6xx series card is in your budget, I say "go for it". Whatever you decide to do is ultimately up to you, just make sure that you budget in a nice dinner for your girlfriend.
If you're not concerned about money, go for a new puppy, but it's a huge cost saver to just get a 2nd card and SLI is pretty stable with minimal errors (but there is the odd huge blip with a game or two until drivers are updated). Personally, I don't see a good reason to go for a 670 over dual 560s just because of how much money you save with the dual 560 option. I don't have a direct comparison, but if I had to guess, the 560 SLI will be 10-15% faster than a 570 in almost all games other than the odd game with bad SLI performance (which will probably not be an issue for the games you like).
Personally I would sell the current card for ~ $160 - $175 and get a new 670...
Nearly the same performance, cooler, quieter, less power, less to go wrong, nearly the same cost and free borderlands 2 to take more off the cost (use or sell)
That said if you can hold off I can feel a price drop coming..
Retailers have started to put stock (or near-stock) versions on sale for about $360 and I think a price-drop is overdue with how amd have their current pricing.
Another vote for a gtx 670 here. In the mean time you should be able to leave most settings maxed and just drop and aa in games to helP fps. In bf3 drop anti aliasing deferred and turn hbao/ssao off... That will help a lot.
Buy a new card.
I've got a couple of 560 ti's in my my wifes Rig I built her 2 yrs ago and the thing smokes through any game at 1920 x 1200 Res, get a 2nd 560 ti and enjoy "why" you have additional PCI-E slots ;)
Go for a 660/670 for about the same performance and half the power-draw as SLI 560 Tis.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.|