Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   GTX 670 HDMI and DVI doesnt seem to work?! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/56488-gtx-670-hdmi-dvi-doesnt-seem-work.html)

oliver2311 September 3, 2012 08:52 AM

GTX 670 HDMI and DVI doesnt seem to work?!

Hi, i made my own Gaming Pc 1 month ago, and when i first turned on the computer the screen kept being black, so i shifted out cables and tried the VGA converter and it worked, but since then i've been playing at 1680x1050 and thats not near as much as i could get out of this card...
Do you guys have any solution to my problem? I've already checked other forums and nothing seem to work..

Things that i've tried
Turn of integrated graphics
Bootup with either HDMI or DVI
Nvidia Control panel settings (It did not show the other display cables only VGA)

And the cables work (tested)

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand :)

enaberif September 3, 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver2311 (Post 653003)
Hi, i made my own Gaming Pc 1 month ago, and when i first turned on the computer the screen kept being black, so i shifted out cables and tried the VGA converter and it worked, but since then i've been playing at 1680x1050 and thats not near as much as i could get out of this card...
Do you guys have any solution to my problem? I've already checked other forums and nothing seem to work..

Things that i've tried
Turn of integrated graphics
Bootup with either HDMI or DVI
Nvidia Control panel settings (It did not show the other display cables only VGA)

And the cables work (tested)

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand :)

Your not telling us what screen size your monitor is because vga, dvi, and hdmi can all do higher than what your getting.

oliver2311 September 3, 2012 11:02 AM

Oh sorry its a ASUS 24 inch 1080p :)

Dzzope September 3, 2012 11:38 AM

Select PCI-E for primary graphics in BIOS.

oliver2311 September 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Okay so i think i found it
"PCIE/PCI is selected to use as primary boot device"

I dont have the choice of only one of them so its either PCIE/PCI or PCI/PCIE and ive tried both..
It didnt work though thanks for fast reply :)

GT7R September 4, 2012 12:10 AM

Maybe the monitor settings are wrong that it detects only the VGA? Try messing with it's settings, mainly the source button.

-Wolverine- September 4, 2012 01:56 AM

As GT7R said, it's most probably monitor setup that is wrong. Either set and use automatic video input selection or set up video input manually to correct type.
I've had same problem with Dell 2408WFP and GF 660Ti.

oliver2311 September 4, 2012 05:37 AM

^I dont seem to have that choice on my monitor... but it does detect when i attach the DVI or any other cable

elmorejohn46 September 4, 2012 08:58 PM

If your monitor excepts HDMI then I would use that or the DVI and your bios should be set at PCIE/PCI.Plus make sure onboard graphics are disable. Make sure you have uninstall all old video drivers and then install the newest nvida drivers 301.42.Make sure when you install the drivers to hit custom and check the to perfrom clean install.after it is rebooted it should show up as 1920 x 1080 on a 24" asus monitor.If not go to the nvidia control panel and set it manually.

oliver2311 September 7, 2012 09:58 AM

I did all you said, but it still doesnt seem to work...