Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2012, 11:01 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
Turn the GFX settings down on COD , it is a console game and turning the settings up to max will degrade the picture quality for pc .

it is designed for max on a console! you are running a PC so set it to native and you will see it runs much smother .
Yeah, but since when do games look better on a console?

Also, my cpu tho not OC'd to the max it can go, is OC'd to 4.2ghz. (@1.392v, FSB 205.7x20.5). Thinking about bumping the volts to 1.4v on the core, and increasing FSB to 208-210. I just can't get over that it could be my CPU.....
Old September 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHood2 View Post
Yeah, but since when do games look better on a console?

Also, my cpu tho not OC'd to the max it can go, is OC'd to 4.2ghz. (@1.392v, FSB 205.7x20.5). Thinking about bumping the volts to 1.4v on the core, and increasing FSB to 208-210. I just can't get over that it could be my CPU.....
Haha I didn't say games look better on a console . I said COD is broken and you need to turn the GFX in game to native ..

Quote:
Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare 3 PC: Much better image quality without console upscaling
If you are looking for the best image quality in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 check our short tuning guide. The video options offers a slider called image quality. Do not use the Extra choice instead of Nativ because Modern Warfare 3 scales up the rendered image - a very blurry setting.
Quote:
Since the last last seven years, Infinity Ward pushed out several parts of the well known Call of Duty series based on Infinity Ward's inhouse graphics engine. Most of them are using nearly the same video options, all of the time the highest setting was called "Extra" - but not in the case of Modern Warfare 3. So check the advanced video settings and enable "Native" for the best "Image Quality". If you are choosing the "Extra" option, Modern Warfare 3 scales up a low resolution (maybe 1024x600 pixels, because that is the rendering resolution used in Modern Warfare 3 for consoles) instead that the game uses the given resolution in the video options like 1920x1080 pixels - typical for console gaming.
So in short I said COD is broken and is no longer on my list of games to buy since Activision no longer cares about PC gamers because i have to tune down my GFX to play a game .