Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2012, 10:48 PM
Rookie

Default What should I do to check my GPU before selling it?

I have a MSI gtx 560 ti hawk that I wanna sell it, but I don't want to sell it to someone and find out later on that there is a problem. I'm a little cautious of selling my card because there have been some issues like it not working well with some nvidia driver releases and once in a while I get the odd crash.

Now I did run it thru unigine and stress test it a lot of times and there are no problems at all. Normal everyday use and gaming is fine, even overclocking it works good. However, its the few crashes that happen randomly every few months and the driver problems are what set me back. What I'm thinking is how this would all pan out if I did sell my card.

I bought the card at NCIX a year ago with my system and Im looking at $150 for it.
Old August 31, 2012, 12:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sounds like generic errors than a hardware fault especially if you've stress tested it.
As for driver issues... Thats always the case with nearly every card.. advise they use x or y driver and if they have problems with new ones roll back.. it's not your problem what drivers they use.

Try find out if the warranty is for the product or if it's for the original person who purchased it. provide proof of purchase if you can as this may allow any problems to be dealt with by who-ever buys the card.
Old August 31, 2012, 12:20 AM
Rookie

I guess I'll try to sell it in the BST section once my post number is up to 25.