Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
Rookie

hi everyone

thank you all again,for every help i received from you.

i had a look for some graphic card,from (asus,xfx,sapphire),nearly all the websites for those graphic card,require to Flash the BIOS,to be able to use the graphic card.

the desktop i have and the motherboard (Acer aspire M7720),i went to Acer webiste,and found out my BIOS is old,and they have newest version of BIOS.

honestly i am so afraid to update the BIOS,because if i done something wrong i will ruin the motherboard,you know that i think.

please i am sending you some links for the graphic card i found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-111...6135816&sr=8-1

Asus ATI Radeon HD 6870 DirectCu Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-E 2, 915MHz Factory Overclocked Edition Operation): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

XFX Radeon HD6870 Graphics Card PCI-e 1 GB GDDR5 Memory Dual DVI HDMI Dual DP 1 GPU: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

please which one do you think is better,i know all models ati 6870,but please i need quiet and good one in term of playing games and watching movies.

i hope to hear from you very soon.

have a very lovely days

my kindest regards
habs2habs
Old August 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

XFX
Old August 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Allstar

I have heard bad stories about XFX warranty, and have been afraid to touch them with a 10' pole.... I personally have had both Asus and Sapphire and have had to warranty to both companies, if I were to buy one off those sites save the 20 and go for the Sapphire. It looks like it would vent out of the case a bit better then the Asus as well. my 2 cents....

Tags
graphic card