Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2012, 08:23 AM
Top Prospect

look , i dont have any spare card , it may be the pci slot ???. but this psu is gold version and it is the most expensive 1000w in my country or should i have 1500w for this card this card require 700w or higher and i have 1000w gold which is the most quality in ocz
Old August 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

you dont understand..... He is saying that even though the wattage is technically high enough it may still be a bad psu (or bad quality). No need to get angry at the guy. Also if its the slot for some reason thats still the Mobo at fault
Old August 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Top Prospect

look , this psu is tested in many reviews with gtx 480sli and gtx 580sli and i think my card use lower power than those , the psu is working because the cpu led light in the case is on and the motherboard is on . but the card led is turned on and off , and if the psu is small for the card it may be getting hot because i had cougar 1000w bronze and it broke down but this problem doesnt happen and i know that the psu broke down because it was getting hoot but my psu now is very cool and that is the first time i have this problem when played sleeping dogs , i had phenom ii x6 1090t 4ghz before and it consumes more power than my i7 3770k but the power supply handled it without problem
Old August 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried turning off SLI? Or checking the temperatures on load? If the temperatures on load are fine with prime95 but still crashes its most likely your PSU.
Old August 25, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I wasn't saying the PSU is dead or that it can't handle the 590.. What I was saying is there is a POSSIBILITY that it may be a psu issue..
One of the cables or connectors may have developed a fault..

It's a possibility and something to check to try and help you fix your problem..
Don't get ratty at people for suggesting this to try help you (unless they are repeating stuff you've said you've done)

If there is another computer in your house or you have a friend with reasonable machine you might want to try their GPU in your machine and see if it runs.
Old August 26, 2012, 07:08 AM
Top Prospect

i replaced psu cables and until now it works fine with playing games , the gpus temp is good . i dont know what this problem come from