Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2012, 01:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

2GB of vram for now IMO is fine as stated only a few games at the higher res's will eat more, but again that is with todays games, before BF3 2 gb was overkill for 99% of gaming now well the bar has been set and we are seeing a few games starting to push that 2 gb limit. So yes for now a 2gb gfx card would do nicly if you plan on keeping it for a couple of years I would look to see what i could affored ith higher specs. Again remember it isnt all about vRAM either remembers the old 6200's that came with 256mb of vram.........stupid card.
Also consider if you want to SLI as you go multimon that you dont gain 2gb +2gb running both 2gb cards only yields 2gb's even when running 2 in SLI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old August 19, 2012, 05:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If your planning on multi-monitors then I would suggest getting a 670 or 7970 (680 is too much for the performance over 670 IMO)

BUT I would also suggest only getting them as you need them...
Thats to say, stick with what you have, then when your getting the extra monitors drop in the card that suits the best..
then when you have all your monitors set-up think about a second card..

All those cards should pull about 30 fps with 3 x 1080 monitors with the graphics pumped up.. Can just drop the settings a lil to increase frames till you drop in your second card.