Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you guys do not stop feeding the troll he will never leave...
Old August 17, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Also, Why is this such a big deal to you? Do you have shares in AMD? Is your life in any way directly affected by how well AMD does?

Really, who cares. Ultimately these are consumer products that we're talking about. You buy one, use it for a couple of years, then buy another one. It's kind of like the equivalent of a calculator. Both AMD and Nvidia cards will do the job. I'm not sure what the big deal is...
I agree mate. Its a commodity. Nothing more nothing less!

Thankfully....This aint the great ragu making a return engagement.

Some Englishmen need to get out mums basement, shave the neckbeard off, take the chunnel out of crazyland and stop thinking either company is 'good' or 'bad'. BOTH are out to make a buck by churning out kick ass products....and that is exactly what BOTH camps are doing.

It seems that of ALL the tech niches, graphic cards bring out the fanboi in the neckbeards the most. I guess its the only way they interact with "real' people....virtually.

I think the fact that both AMD and NV have kick ass products that perform damn near dead even at most price points is AWESOME. This the kinda competition that kicks the hell out of prices, makes both camps push out even better tech ASAP and gets all enthusiasts more goodies FASTER. Who doesnt like bigger, faster, better? Oh yeah thats right...the fanbois.

Seriously. AMD had a free pass at this price range. NV just plugged the hole in their lineup and now we should see some serious competition and some seriously good deals.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
If you guys do not stop feeding the troll he will never leave...
True enough. His name says it all. He wants to ground shake, but Sky is reasonable and has answered it more and more correctly. So, really all he is in the end in the eyes of the community doing is solidifying what most of us know and have seen elsewhere.

To a point that is tolerated but if it crosses the line worry not. We are watchful.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefinity View Post
Err..Batman and Metro? And Crysis 2? And I'm sure you're well aware of the "special relationship" between Bethesda and Nvidia so you might as well add Skyrim to that.
Hearsay now?

Every single one of your theories from the last post had holes poked through them. And this is the best you've got? Two of our titles are TWIMTBP. Three are Gaming Evolved. The rest are not associated with any one program. Period.

Quote:
On the flipside you've managed to find the AMD sponsored titles that Nvidia does better in. Shogun and Dirt 3 at least. However you look at it in terms of "hobbling", you are using 5 extremely Nvidia-centric titles and 2 out of 3 AMD titles are heavily favouring Nvidia in benchmarks.
Correction. Dirt 3 and Shogun 2 ALWAYS performed better on AMD. Until NVIDIA did this little thing that AMD should have.....it's called driver development. *gasp*

Quote:
Yeah right. Let's tesselate the hell out of some jersey barriers or hidden underground water and benchmark that instead, that's a lot fairer, right?
Now you are picking apart one of the best looking games around? Desperation....

Quote:
Exactly what is it that AMD is locking Nvidia out of regarding Dirt Showdown? If the cards aren't up the the task then you simply have to bench at lower settings and inform the reader that the Nvidia card's aren't capable of running the game acceptably at highest quality settings. Isn't that what most sites have been doing regarding PhysX for years?
Showdown uses a PROPRIETARY shader sub-routine.

I'll tell you what; I'll add showdown. Then I'll also add Max Payne, a game that NVIDIA spanks AMD even without proprietary subroutines.

And I suggest you step very carefully around TWIMTBP. That program has done more to foster DX11 game development that any other initiative.
Old August 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow read this from the start my head is starting to hurt haha.

Eyefinity, how about this, I currently have pretty much every card in SKY's reviews, as well as 3 testing rigs (Z77,AM3+,C32) if you have a exact test in mind I will take the time and give you full screen shots the whole time, this way you can have proof of be proven wrong?

I call you out, the next moves yours :P

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old August 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Hearsay now?

Every single one of your theories from the last post had holes poked through them. And this is the best you've got? Two of our titles are TWIMTBP. Three are Gaming Evolved. The rest are not associated with any one program. Period.
Are you seriously trying to tell us that Nvidia doesn't have much closer relations to Crytek and Bethesda? That they didn't pay millions to Crytek for Crysis 2?

Quote:
Correction. Dirt 3 and Shogun 2 ALWAYS performed better on AMD. Until NVIDIA did this little thing that AMD should have.....it's called driver development. *gasp*
You mean like on Batman and Skyrim? What about Nvidia's driver development on F1, how did that work out?

Take a long hard look at that image and tell us you ain't biased. Lost Planet 2? Are you telling me that's not an outlier? Oh wait...you only don't benchmark outliers when they favour AMD right?

Quote:
Now you are picking apart one of the best looking games around? Desperation....
Oh did you miss the techreport's article on Crysis 2? Or did you just "forget" about it?

Crysis 2 tessellation: too much of a good thing? - The Tech Report - Page 6

No comments to make on that one? I see you're still benching it after all.

Quote:
Showdown uses a PROPRIETARY shader sub-routine.

I'll tell you what; I'll add showdown. Then I'll also add Max Payne, a game that NVIDIA spanks AMD even without proprietary subroutines.
In your benchmarks I'm sure you can even make Dirt Showdown look good on Nvidia. Why not add Alan Wake, or Anno 2070 instead? Will you be adding Sleeping Dogs or Hitman Absolution? What about Sniper Elite? No? You're gonna be left with the biggest joke of all benchmark suites soon, save perhaps Tweaktown. Grats, you've found your level above Anandtech and below Tweaktown as the 2nd most biased Nvidia fansite on the web.

Quote:
And I suggest you step very carefully around TWIMTBP. That program has done more to foster DX11 game development that any other initiative.
Old August 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
Banned

Oh btw, while we're at it -

Please list all of the current and upcoming AMD games that you have deemed "unfair" on Nvidia and won't be benchmarking. Just for reference sake.
Old August 17, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Okay I realize by asking to stop feeding the troll I am feeding the troll but please this guy is a nutcase and he is incredibly biased. If Sky feels the need to explain himself to him I understand but lets just keep it between them because he is clearly uninterested in all the arguments people have given him other than sky.
Old August 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefinity View Post
Are you seriously trying to tell us that Nvidia doesn't have much closer relations to Crytek and Bethesda? That they didn't pay millions to Crytek for Crysis 2?

You mean like on Batman and Skyrim? What about Nvidia's driver development on F1, how did that work out?

Take a long hard look at that image and tell us you ain't biased. Lost Planet 2? Are you telling me that's not an outlier? Oh wait...you only don't benchmark outliers when they favour AMD right?

Oh did you miss the techreport's article on Crysis 2? Or did you just "forget" about it?

Crysis 2 tessellation: too much of a good thing? - The Tech Report - Page 6

No comments to make on that one? I see you're still benching it after all.

In your benchmarks I'm sure you can even make Dirt Showdown look good on Nvidia. Why not add Alan Wake, or Anno 2070 instead? Will you be adding Sleeping Dogs or Hitman Absolution? What about Sniper Elite? No? You're gonna be left with the biggest joke of all benchmark suites soon, save perhaps Tweaktown. Grats, you've found your level above Anandtech and below Tweaktown as the 2nd most biased Nvidia fansite on the web.

Let me guess...you are a lifetime subscriber to semiaccurate.

Bahahaha...tweak town BIASED for Nividia. You do realized they got BLACK BALLED by NV....right? Anad biased for NV. rofl. They are the number one tech site on the planet. They do NOT play favorites...unlike some other sites you have mentioned as it would only HURT them. It would be lose-lose for them. Then again lumping us in with those 'biased' sites IS a compliment...even if you dont realize it. Whats next your are going to claim we are 'too good looking' or....I know!.... 'hung like a race horse'? I hear those are pretty nasty comments to make about someone else! /whistle.

Man you are not even trying now. You have to troll harder and better than that here.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 17, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Let me guess...you are a lifetime subscriber to semiaccurate.

Bahahaha...tweak town BIASED for Nividia. You do realized they got BLACK BALLED by NV....right? Anad biased for NV. rofl. They are the number one tech site on the planet. They do NOT play favorites...unlike some other sites you have mentioned as it would only HURT them. It would be lose-lose for them. Then again lumping us in with those 'biased' sites IS a compliment...even if you dont realize it. Whats next your are going to claim we are 'too good looking' or....I know!.... 'hung like a race horse'? I hear those are pretty nasty comments to make about someone else! /whistle.

Man you are not even trying now. You have to troll harder and better than that here.

AkG your ******* awesome, I love it when trolls get to you cuz your arguments are ******* Great not being sarcastic I mean man you got great points and the way you put them across always makes my day Keep up the awesome work man

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now