Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16, 2012, 01:34 PM
Rookie

Nice review. I like the fact that you only tested the stock factory cards from both AMD and NV. Using a different approach, Anandtech benched both the 7950B and several overclocked NV cards. If Ryan was being consistent he would have pulled out one or two highly overclocked 7950's as well, but it's his article and he can write it any way he wants.

It's good to see that you guys have stuck to your traditional testing techniques, hopefully other sites will do that in the future.
Old August 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
AMD has a full line up cards despite the 7990 being absent and at this point who cares...

Nvidia has a lineup including a dual gpu but no bottom end 650....

i say enough of this generation!!!!

The weathers getting cooler and its time for pants again so i say,

BRING ON THE 8000 and 700 SERIES ALREADY!!!!
To Intel: "Bring on Haswell! ! !" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
At this rate, AMD will have paper launched the 8970 before Nvidia has completed their entire lineup!
Heh, you actually have a point there!
Old August 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Aww guess you didn't like being called out on your mistakes SKY? You've just confirmed everything I suspected.

7870 stock wins 3/4 against overclocked 660 Ti's at legitreviews.
Old August 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefinity View Post
Aww guess you didn't like being called out on your mistakes SKY? You've just confirmed everything I suspected.

7870 stock wins 3/4 against overclocked 660 Ti's at legitreviews.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of AMD trying to spin out of a $349 slip-up. What's that? A Boost version at the same price as current HD 7950 cards?....yeah, right.

Again, please READ. Don't only look at charts. Read....many....reviews.

It is too bad you are so biased against NVIDIA that you have to pick out oddities instead of the majority.

Remember, denial is only the first step before you can start emotionally healing.

Last edited by SKYMTL; August 16, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old August 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Bullshit? So you're saying toms and HT4U is biased and you aint? Let's see..

I'm just gonna ignore Anandtech as they are known to be biased.

Legit reviews benched 3 overclocked cards? And from what I can see, they still lost some benchmarks to the 7870?
So wait a sec, every site that doesn't see it the way you do is?
Interesting perspective from someone who choose the name eyefinity.

I personally read as many as I can and see and make my decisions from many. But I Trust Sky in his reviews.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
So wait a sec, every site that doesn't see it the way you do is?
Interesting perspective from someone who choose the name eyefinity.

I personally read as many as I can and see and make my decisions from many. But I Trust Sky in his reviews.

-ST
Results Vary not only card by card but platform by platform, some boards boost AMD Cards better then Nvidia due to drivers and hell random glitches.

The Biased crap has to stop as SKY is doing the exact same thing every other site does(myself included) just giving the people the facts in his reviews hes not changing numbers hes not telling you a story of how great something is when it is not.

Dont argue with the numbers as those are the numbers the platform he used gave him

and Thanks ST you could of of phrased it better

Soul
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
Top Prospect

Great review. I think the comments were spot on, I don't think buyers of a 300$ card expect to run surround or anything crazy like that, should work fine for the intended buyers. And borderlands 2 for free.....who can beat that.
Old August 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Forgot about the Borderlands 2 promo! Added to the conclusion.
Old August 16, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the review. This is the slowest lineup role out of all time.

Not to drag this on more, but some of you need to open your eyes. Reality is some cards do better at low res and some at higher. Some have bigger impacts on performance with aa etc.Reviews vary because everyone has a different test bed and put weight differently to res/aa/settings etc. You are being provided a service by the reviewer. Take it or leave it as you see fit, but please oh please stop whining about it.

I read many reviews before making decisions, but hwc reviews always carry weight for me.
Old August 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Keep in mind that game comparisons between different reviews are often not comparable because of different settings. With memory bandwidth being such a key differentiator on the 660 Ti, graphic options -- particlarly variants on anti-aliasing -- can easily alter relative performance.