Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2012, 08:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They usually step up to the plate and do the right thing, but it sometimes takes some prodding on unusual stuff. I had an issue when I stepped up my GTX260 to a GTX285 upon release. The card that showed up was a 260 with a dead fan in a GTX285 box, but with matching serial numbers on the box and card meaning someone in their packaging dept. made a switcheroo and got themselves a new card. After a couple of phone calls and a few emails, they finally agreed to cross-ship a replacement card as long as I gave a Visa number in case the old card didn't come back to them. As I recall, they sent the new GTX285 with 2 day service from California, which eased some of the pain.

TLDR version; they've still got decent CS in my books. When I had to RMA a X58 board last year it was pretty painless.
Old August 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They are still good, I bet they had to do a little investigating much like SJ has had because of the unusal circumstances.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 14, 2012, 10:03 AM
Top Prospect

Good to hear. I just bought a GTX 680 SC from someone in the states and was somewhat nervous from reading about the unreturned calls. Glad it worked out for you.
Old August 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

As long as they came through, I'm happy. Like I said, the only thing I ever wanted was the assurance of an advance RMA so I don't get stuck out of pocket and 4-6 weeks waiting without a card. By the end I was honestly more upset with the dismissal than anything else, but Matthew apologized and expressed he's just been very busy the past week. Glad they made it right in the end.
Old August 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

evga's rma been top notch with my issues, painless with thier registration app when i got items