Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Default Galaxy GeForce GTX 680 SOC White Edition vs EVGA Signature 2

Anybody have experience with these cards? The Galaxy card is ridiculously overlocked out of the box to like over 1200 mhz core clock with a boost up to like 1270 mhz. The Signature 2 is lower than that but it's EVGA and I'm under the impression that the quality of their cards is better and more reliable than Galaxy. Thoughts?
Old August 9, 2012, 07:28 PM
Top Prospect

Skip both, get the MSI lightning
Old August 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexelDragon View Post
Anybody have experience with these cards? The Galaxy card is ridiculously overlocked out of the box to like over 1200 mhz core clock with a boost up to like 1270 mhz. The Signature 2 is lower than that but it's EVGA and I'm under the impression that the quality of their cards is better and more reliable than Galaxy. Thoughts?
To be honest Galaxy has been really stepping up there game , and to boot we have an active Galaxy rep on the forum who is very Vocal,in getting them up to EVGA Standards.

So, to be honest, either one would be good.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 9, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Galaxy rep? Who dat?
Old August 9, 2012, 07:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Galaxy rep? Who dat?
PM / Send new Message / send to: Gala...........

Look autofill finds http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...alaxytech.html :)

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old August 9, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting.

If they have support / RMA dept like Corsair or Logitech then I might just have to look at their products.

As of right now I typically always buy the same brand of stuff..... because it just works. I don't need drama or headaches. I already have kids. heheh.
Old August 10, 2012, 09:42 AM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Speak of the devil and he'll appear. As far as warranty, RMA, rebate, or any other issues go I'm always here to make sure everyone's taken care of.

As far as which 680 to get, of course I'll be a little biased towards a Galaxy card but I have used almost every one of them myself and can help answer any questions you might have about them. The 680 SOC is an awesome card, but the 680 GC edition also has its advantages depending on what you want out of your graphics card. The 680 SOC gives you memory voltage control, extreme default clocks, and a very high airflow full-slot exhaust. The GTX 680 GC, which I currently use myself (4GB version), is my own personal favorite because the cooling is just awesome. My temps never exceed 62C even with an OC of ~1260Mhz, and the fans are never audible over my Thermaltake Frio set to the lowest level. I recorded 37dB at the maximum load temp.

By the way, what games are you playing and what kind of display(s) do you have? Are you planning to get a single card or run in SLI?
Old August 10, 2012, 10:36 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyTech View Post
Speak of the devil and he'll appear. As far as warranty, RMA, rebate, or any other issues go I'm always here to make sure everyone's taken care of.

As far as which 680 to get, of course I'll be a little biased towards a Galaxy card but I have used almost every one of them myself and can help answer any questions you might have about them. The 680 SOC is an awesome card, but the 680 GC edition also has its advantages depending on what you want out of your graphics card. The 680 SOC gives you memory voltage control, extreme default clocks, and a very high airflow full-slot exhaust. The GTX 680 GC, which I currently use myself (4GB version), is my own personal favorite because the cooling is just awesome. My temps never exceed 62C even with an OC of ~1260Mhz, and the fans are never audible over my Thermaltake Frio set to the lowest level. I recorded 37dB at the maximum load temp.

By the way, what games are you playing and what kind of display(s) do you have? Are you planning to get a single card or run in SLI?
Thanks for the response!! I play games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect, Diablo, etc...I run a single 1080p display. I'm planning for just one card right now, I can't afford SLI! Lol I really like the SOC and GC 680's I am just weary because on Newegg they are discontinued and some reviewers were saying the cards they got all failed and needed to be RMA'd.
Old August 10, 2012, 10:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexelDragon View Post
Thanks for the response!! I play games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect, Diablo, etc...I run a single 1080p display. I'm planning for just one card right now, I can't afford SLI! Lol I really like the SOC and GC 680's I am just weary because on Newegg they are discontinued and some reviewers were saying the cards they got all failed and needed to be RMA'd.
Honestly take all reviews you see on New-Egg with a grain of Salt.
There were 524 Recommended Reviews for a PSU that was no better than a paperweight.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Honestly take all reviews you see on New-Egg with a grain of Salt.
There were 524 Recommended Reviews for a PSU that was no better than a paperweight.

-ST
LOL This is true, I guess it's just the luck of the draw..