Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2012, 11:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexelDragon View Post
LOL This is true, I guess it's just the luck of the draw..
It is, and you are doubly blessed with having a company that WANTS to make a name for itself. Which is important, and something I think EVGA is slowly forgetting.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
It is, and you are doubly blessed with having a company that WANTS to make a name for itself. Which is important, and something I think EVGA is slowly forgetting.

-ST
True that, I've only had EVGA but maybe I'll take a leap of faith and go Galaxy...
Old August 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My only issue with Galaxy is that their RMA depot is in the US and for us Canadians, that means costly and timely RMAs.
If Galaxy opens a Canadian RMA depot, I'll definitely give their products a shot (hint hint ).
Old August 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
My only issue with Galaxy is that their RMA depot is in the US and for us Canadians, that means costly and timely RMAs.
If Galaxy opens a Canadian RMA depot, I'll definitely give their products a shot (hint hint ).
In this particular Case so is EVGA's so that is a non issue.

But I do agree 100% that I would rather have an RMA Depot in Canada to deal with then the USA.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old August 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Being that I never RMA something unless it's dead (I mean seriously, why do I want to create work for myself?) I hate RMA departments that make me jump through hoops to get something done.

OCZ is one such example and I've never bought anything from them again due to it.

In that case it was RAM. The RAM worked, then a year later it started having thousands of errors in memtest. Swapping the RAM out fixed the issue. Fairly cut and dry I'd say, but they still wanted to screw me around..... so bye bye.

Advance RMAs are winners in my book. I bought your product, now it doesn't work. Let me get it fixed now, not later.
Old August 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Ahhhh where'd the Galaxy Rep go?? I was waiting for him to answer my reply :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Being that I never RMA something unless it's dead (I mean seriously, why do I want to create work for myself?) I hate RMA departments that make me jump through hoops to get something done.

OCZ is one such example and I've never bought anything from them again due to it.

In that case it was RAM. The RAM worked, then a year later it started having thousands of errors in memtest. Swapping the RAM out fixed the issue. Fairly cut and dry I'd say, but they still wanted to screw me around..... so bye bye.

Advance RMAs are winners in my book. I bought your product, now it doesn't work. Let me get it fixed now, not later.
That's extremely annoying. But considering there's a Galaxy Rep right here on the forums that should speed up any RMA process I may have..

Last edited by Soultribunal; August 10, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old August 10, 2012, 01:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

He is around give him a little bit, unlike us staff he has lots of places to be.

-ST

Old August 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I thought i read somewhere that Galaxy had an rma depot here in Canada? Can't for the life of me remember where i read that lol How a company handles rma's has a lot to do with what components i buy. This is why I never hesitate to buy from companies like XFX, Corsair and ASUS(I know a lot of people have had problems with them but they've been great for me). I have had a lot of EVGA products over the years as well and they were always top notch with their customer service but I find their QC has been slipping the last few years. I'll be in the market for a couple new gpu's next spring (or maybe sooner if i can sneak them by the wife lol) and I'm seriously considering Galaxy.
Old August 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
Rookie

Just thought I'd let ya all know I went with the Galaxy Geforce GTX 680 GC Edition over the SOC because it has a DVI port...I found reviews of the card under the KFA2 Branding and it scored 9.5/10. So I am willing to take the risk with Galaxy! Here goes nothing!
Old September 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
To be honest Galaxy has been really stepping up there game , and to boot we have an active Galaxy rep on the forum who is very Vocal,in getting them up to EVGA Standards.

So, to be honest, either one would be good.

-ST
Along w/ being one of the premier GPU info sites and killer friendly forums to boot, you've just won me over HC. I'm not Canadian (I know, inferior being), but I have 2 hosehead friends!!

My last GPU's were...

1. EVGA's GTX 560 Ti SC (went through 3, finally refunded my money over 3 months, and gave me $40 EVGA bucks...a very frustrating experience). The 1st card had the infamous driver crashing issue. The 2nd card's label was stuck on the fan, thus fan no spin, thus card overheat and crash. The last card was a complete and utter joke...crashing in BF3 every 3 minutes. BTW, my airflow was perfect w/ dual Scythe SFLEX E's and NO FILTER OR GRILL in a 75F room w/ an UNDERCLOCKED i5 760 and a GOLD Corsair AX750 PSU. (The power supply was apparently the cause of the card failures according to EVGA. They blamed my G.Skill ECO RAM for running @ CL8 instead of CL7 like they were specced.) EVGA told me to run everything @ spec or I would have issues. Why sell an SC or an SCC or bin further and screw the little folks w/ an FTW? Hey EVGA! Let's bring on the Black Pearl incident again!! Overall a horrible experience where I had to argue w/ them over the phone for hours. Lots of scheduled calls blown off, etc. I posted my full experience on overclock.net if you need further proof of their inept support.

2. Galaxy GTX 580...no issues, no crashes, never. Phenomenal card w/ Arctic Cooling's triple fan solution for $450. I emailed tech support and let them know I forgot to register for the extra year warranty PAST THE DEADLINE. They gave it to me anyway. I didn't argue at all. I simply asked and they delivered. What more can you ask from a company? An HDMI + mini HDMI to HDMI cable? Check. A card that works as advertised. Check. A card that runs 20F cooler than reference while also being much quieter? Check.

3. https://plus.google.com/photos/11529...17946637867025