Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
Rookie

Default CFX/Eyefinity question?

Hey,

Question i'm looking to run a 3 monitor setup either Nvidia Surround or AMD eyefinity this post has to do with Eyefinity though.

My question is: if i'm running 2 cards in CFX and the game doesn't support CFX will i loose Eyefinity support as well?

Thanks
Old July 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It depends on the game really, but it won't break the actual 3 monitor desktop/stretch you have going on.

What will typically happens is it'll launch in 1 monitor, sometimes based on what your default primary/main monitor is, other times the far left or right.
Old July 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Hey,

So if i'm playing game X and game X doesn't support CFX it will default to 1 monitor.

One last question, i know with nvidia srround, when you have cards in SLI 2 monitors hookup to 1st GPU and 1 monitor to GPU 2, is it the same with eyefinity? If it's not then i'm assuming when CFX isn't supportd it could run them off i GPU and then you FPS would drop threw the floor lol
Old July 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
Top Prospect

With Crossfire, all monitors need to be plugged into the first video card. NONE of the outputs on the second GPU work while in Crossfire mode. (With SLI, the outputs on both GPUs work.)

If a game doesn't support Crossfire it should still run in eyefinity mode as eyefinity is not crossfire dependant. Most games that won't run crossfire are likely gonna have issues with eyefinity however. Although I'm sure there are some out there that will manage it.