Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Top Prospect

Default need an opinon.

so basically i am checking out my local classifieds and there seems to be 2 gtx690's sealed for 650$ a pop can. I figured the poster was high and or there stolen. It seems way to good to be true as i have been on backorder since they came out. I was curious as to what i should look for when i go to take a peak at these cards. There both sealed in box. If for some reason there stolen or hot and swim was to buy them, would there still be a warranty available, also if swim bought them would the warranty be legit from the manufcaturer. Is there any telling tales these cards could be fake as shit visually i should be weary of? should i bring my workbench with me and hook the cards up myself to see if there valid. sorry for the long rant just trying to comprehend what i read on the classifieds today.
Old June 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Top Prospect

i'm not trying to troll anyone here. just looking for some answer quickyl as i am leaving to meet buddy in an hour.
Old June 12, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

link?

short answer, if you're buying online sight unseen, definately beware. If you're able to go and physically look at and touch the cards, then you should know what to look for. Look at pictures of the cards, watch all the youtube reviews, etc. I wouldn't buy them without actually being able to physically open the box and take the cards out, because yeah, that price is kind of too good to be true.

If it is, congratulations on your find.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
Top Prospect

sent you a pm with the links. in case its not scam i dont wanna shit where i sleep so to say
Old June 12, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Are you in Edmonton? I have seen this add a few times in the past week here. I wouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't trust having 650 cash on me to meet a stranger with this amazing deal.