Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old June 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Dzzope's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Irishman in Kiev, wOOoo, I'm an alien...
Posts: 2,722

My System Specs

Default

I think with how cool the chip runs, any non silent one will just be fail on the manufacturers part.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old June 12, 2012, 11:00 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 25
Default

The Asus card is very quiet compared to some other cards I've had in the past.

I've heard from a friend of mine that the EVGA cards are quite loud.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old June 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nepean Ont
Posts: 24

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdaddy View Post
I bough the Gigabyte windforce oc model and absolutely love it. It is almost silent and runs cool.

This is the one I am going to get. Can't seem to find any cheaper than $419 any ideas of where to look.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old June 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,495

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzman View Post
This is the one I am going to get. Can't seem to find any cheaper than $419 any ideas of where to look.

Thanks
I think that's about as cheap as you're going to get it. I bought mine right at launch for $390 before taxes, but within a day or two the price had already started to rise.

I actually may be selling mine (it's still brand new in box) as I planned on using it with a 120Hz monitor but the monitor didn't meet my expectations. Plus, it was mainly for BF3 which I won't be playing for much longer due to my inability to support in principle EA/DICE's DLC model. Keep your eyes peeled on the BST section.
__________________
For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old June 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nepean Ont
Posts: 24

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
I think that's about as cheap as you're going to get it. I bought mine right at launch for $390 before taxes, but within a day or two the price had already started to rise.

I actually may be selling mine (it's still brand new in box) as I planned on using it with a 120Hz monitor but the monitor didn't meet my expectations. Plus, it was mainly for BF3 which I won't be playing for much longer due to my inability to support in principle EA/DICE's DLC model. Keep your eyes peeled on the BST section.
Glad you responded I was just about to order from CC. I've waited this long a little longer won't matter

Regards

Fuz
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old June 19, 2012, 06:08 PM
elmorejohn46's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville,TX
Posts: 294

My System Specs

Default

I got my ASUS DirectCU II at SuperBizz for $409 they had a $15 saveings for fathers Day and it is weird running games or benchmarks and it be so quiet ,I even turned it to 100% fan and still coud'nt hear it.I overclock both of them to 1200/6800 and it is faster then all three of my overclocked GTX-470's which were running at 800/1800.plus my video cards never went above 40c if I can believe ASUS GPUTweak software.
__________________
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old June 19, 2012, 07:57 PM
BigPhatPaulie's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 433

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorejohn46 View Post
I got my ASUS DirectCU II at SuperBizz for $409 they had a $15 saveings for fathers Day and it is weird running games or benchmarks and it be so quiet ,I even turned it to 100% fan and still coud'nt hear it.I overclock both of them to 1200/6800 and it is faster then all three of my overclocked GTX-470's which were running at 800/1800.plus my video cards never went above 40c if I can believe ASUS GPUTweak software.
Get gpu-z to see if its telling the truth. I've used the asus software in conjunction with gpu-z and its accurate enough that I didn't see an issue
__________________
FOR PONY..... that is alll
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old June 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
fishingfanatic's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamilton Ont
Posts: 1,233

My System Specs

Smile Video Cards

Check the reviews to help with your decision. They're quite thorough compared to some I've seen.

For me, I just got my Gigabyte 670 WindForce 2day and absolutely love it. Whichever one you choose I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old June 27, 2012, 07:22 AM
elmorejohn46's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Greenville,TX
Posts: 294

My System Specs

Default

my temperture went up to 55c which is still great when overclocking.
__________________
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes