Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Physx (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/54473-physx.html)

fishingfanatic June 4, 2012 01:08 PM

Physx

Ok folks I need help. Never set up a dedicated physx card b4.

I'll be trying it on my daughter's system. Specs are: 980x ES base clock 2.4 oced to 3.07.

Ultra chiltec cooler, Asus P6X58D-E mobo, 6gbs of OCZ 1333 ram, Kingston Now SSD for OS.

Main card is an EVGA GTX 570. We have a GT 520 to use for physx.

I've tried to find help online and even the Nvidia site doesn't have the info I need. Waiting for a response from

support.

I figured the experts on here could help me a little quicker. Simply need a site that explains how to set it up.

Thanx in advance!!!
:whistle::thumb:

Edit: Just got a reply from Nvidia Support. WOW, that was quick....

I could still use any helpful info, just in case.
:haha::biggrin:

Wow, Do I feel f#%^#g stupid.
:doh::blarg::whistle::biggrin:

What a difference. Had to do it twice, as it picked up the hardware but wouldn't recognize it????

Pulled, re-installed, recognized on 2nd installation??? wtf. At least it's working!

Mods plz delete this silly thread.

lowfat June 4, 2012 01:42 PM

I think a GT520 is likely too slow to pull off PhysX. I am willing to bet your framerate will actually be lower than w/ just the GTX570 alone.

I am not able to get my GTX680s to POST so I can't tell you exactly where in the Nvidia control panel the PhsyX options are. But it should give you a choice on which card you want to to the PhsyX processing on.

fishingfanatic June 4, 2012 01:57 PM

Physx

Thanks LF. Going to run #D Mark 11 and see.

Hope you get those 680s running cherry. Shouldn't take you too long with your knowledge.
:thumb:

BigPhatPaulie June 4, 2012 02:38 PM

Yea a lot of users have found that running a separate physx card isn't all that beneficial. A single 570 will most likely do better than the 570/520 combo. However its still a cool idea and let us know how it works both ways if possible?:thumb:

Bungwirez June 4, 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 631788)
I am not able to get my GTX680s to POST.....

This make me sad :sad:

fishingfanatic June 4, 2012 09:18 PM

Video Cards

Well I ran 3D and got the same results with the 520 in place and out.

I had to run it using an old monitor as the tvs were occupied. Not sure how much dif that would make, as the old monitor is a mere 1280x1024.:blarg:

Thought I got rid of that piece of c$@p. Guess it came in handy after all. Time to hunt down a decent monitor.

I did continually receive error messages with both scenarios so I have to contact Furmark.

That should be interesting.:whistle:

trayton June 4, 2012 10:14 PM

Maybe dumb question but since I have a red team card (7950) is it possible to still use an nvidia card for physx Thanks!

Dzzope June 4, 2012 11:05 PM

Possible yes.. Have a search here there is a few threads about it I believe.

fishingfanatic June 7, 2012 07:29 PM

Physx

Ok folks. I like the idea of physx, and the 520 just isn't cutting it just like Lowfat mentioned it would.:sad:

Though I have a 570 in that pc for the main card, what would you recommend for a physx card?:whistle:

There's a 450ti available, would that be good enough?:blarg:

MARSTG June 7, 2012 07:44 PM

Even an old 9800gt should cut the mustard