Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2012, 11:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Gk110 for gtx 700 series cards?

Wondering if anybodies heard anything about this, unless they release a 685 then i presume theyr saving the gk110 for next series, its abviously way ahead of anything AMDs got so maybe theyr already working on the next architexture and will just pop the gk110 on the production line for next year.

What are your thaughts on this guys?
Old May 10, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

IMO, who cares as long as the cards are good and there is competition to keep the prices good. :D
Old May 10, 2012, 12:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4ff1e View Post
Wondering if anybodies heard anything about this, unless they release a 685 then i presume theyr saving the gk110 for next series, its abviously way ahead of anything AMDs got so maybe theyr already working on the next architexture and will just pop the gk110 on the production line for next year.

What are your thaughts on this guys?
This is pretty much the general consensus of the internet. Some people are sour about it, some people aren't. I don't see why cuz these cards are pretty killer worth the $ imo.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Seems ive had my head under this here rock for some time then, either way, gk110 will probably blow some serious shit out of the water and be ahead of most games anyway.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All of this is just rumors. There is no one outside of nvidia that know what is going on with future releases.

What I find strange is people aren't happy. Nvidia just released cards that are a massive leap forward while using less power and are quiter. In just 2 1/2 years they doubled performance for the same price. I bought 2 GTX 480's for just over $1000 and the 690 is the same price. The 690 is literally twice as fast while consuming half the power and more than half as quiet. What more can I expect? This is an awesome release. The only problem is lack of availability or this would be the best release since the 8800 days.

Just be happy about what we have now. Nvidia isn't going to release anything for a long time. Ya sure the 700 series will be better but they always are better but who wants to wait a year or more.

I don't know about you but I haven't been this excited about a GPU release since the 480.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; May 10, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yea im jumping at the thought of my 680 getting here! im not dissapointed in any way, just wondering whats happenning
Old October 4, 2012, 05:11 AM
Trial Member

I have heard multiple things on this one. Some are saying that GK110 will never make it to consumer market because it is reserved for Quadro and some are saying that it will be the core behind GTX 685 and new GTX 700 series. The Kepler GK110 Whitepaper details what's inside this architecture and what the cards are capable of. I was quite amazed by the specs written in that whitepaper.
I am not sad or anything, but it doesn't hurt to think about a card that gives real life-like graphics and more. As of this moment, we know that games still look artificial, so there is a lot of ground to cover, right?
Old October 4, 2012, 06:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I honestly don't think we will ever see the fully enabled core for the GK series chip.
Although it would be nice, its just a pipe dream.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com