Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2012, 05:38 PM
Rookie

Default What would you recommend.

Im a casual gamer. The games i will be playing are League of Legends, Diablo3, Starwars old republic, Maybe battlefield.

Im looking at the 150 200 range. This is the only part of building my computer that will scare me, because i dont want to mess up and have crappy video.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you can stretch to it a 560ti would be a pretty decent card for those games..

Whats your budget? 200 CAD USD Euros GBP?

Basically get the biggest card you can find in your budget.

Nvidia's have better driver support but AMD's are a bit better in power per dollar.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:46 PM
Rookie

Which 560ti are you guys talking about though? And its in US, how bad are the drivers for amd
Old May 1, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Matter of who you ask... I had some very minor issues with a 5770 a few years ago.. but they were minor (my brother now has them though :P)

560 ti you should be able to get at a touch over 200 depending where you buy (brand doesn't make a HUGE difference really though some prefer 1 brand to another)

When are you looking to buy? very soon or in a few weeks?

The new 660 etc should be released in the coming weeks (maybe month or 2) which should drop the prices further

Other option is look second-hand.. there are some members here who sell and generally will be good enough to rma anything on your behalf f something does go wrong. (you'll save LOADS compared to new)
Old May 1, 2012, 06:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Matter of who you ask... I had some very minor issues with a 5770 a few years ago.. but they were minor (my brother now has them though :P)

560 ti you should be able to get at a touch over 200 depending where you buy (brand doesn't make a HUGE difference really though some prefer 1 brand to another)

When are you looking to buy? very soon or in a few weeks?

The new 660 etc should be released in the coming weeks (maybe month or 2) which should drop the prices further

Other option is look second-hand.. there are some members here who sell and generally will be good enough to rma anything on your behalf f something does go wrong. (you'll save LOADS compared to new)
I got about a month or so to go.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashkt90 View Post
I got about a month or so to go.
But also which 560 ti though there are a couple and i dont know which one.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think a 560ti should be fine for those games. It will play BF3 easily but not on maxed settings. I have a friend who uses a 560ti and it rocks starcraft 2.

I recently sold my AMD card and am waiting on the 670. I want to see what all the nvidia hype is all about.

There are a couple of 560 ti for sale on the buy/sell/trade section here. I will tell you this though. When I did my first build I bought a 200 dollar card. Then a bought a 2nd one because I felt it wasn't enough.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Also what monitor size? most cards in that price range will struggle to do BF3 on anything above 1920x1080 but I too second the suggestion of a 560ti if you can swing it
Old May 1, 2012, 08:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I can confirm the 560 will run bf3 no problem... if it runs that game it will run everything else easy.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 1, 2012, 09:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
I can confirm the 560 will run bf3 no problem... if it runs that game it will run everything else easy.
Im going to use a 20inch, but i dont know if ill be playing battlefield, i usually play League of Legends, and i will play diablo 3 and starwars old republic. But which 560 to get though? Can someone post a link.