Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2012, 01:10 PM
MVP

Default VERY Low 3dmark11 score / XFX 7970

Any reason why I am getting such a low score on 3dmark11? with nothing running in the background I get only P3200.

Card is a XFX Double D 3GB 7970.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old April 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

drivers maybe?
Old April 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Having ALL of your system specs would be handy.....
Old April 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
drivers maybe?
Updated to the latest. 12.3

Specs...lets see.

X68 Mobo and 2500K oc'ed to 4.5GHz and 16GB ram with a XFX 1050W PSU and a 650D case with 2 Intel 520 120GB in Raid 0.

There ya go.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old April 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
MVP

Forgot to mention. Windows is fully updated as well.

Old April 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
MVP

No one? Guess I will have to reformat then and see if the problem lies within that. Only got 2 days until I have to activate anyways.

Old April 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
MVP

Reformat did not help. With 160 views I would think that SOMEONE would know a thing or two about this....

Old April 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

What specific motherboard is it? Any chance you've got the vid card in a X4 slot?

How about the PSU cables? Have you tried reseating them, or using a different set/plug? Maybe it's not getting clean power.

Other than that.... all I can think of would be to try a different vid card and if that works fine, then RMA.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old April 15, 2012, 07:25 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry Adam, I just saw this. My old card not playing up to par? I can't relate to 3DM11, since I never ran any synthetic benchmarking apps when I had it.
But I can tell you it ran BF3 like a charm at Ultra settings, on a U2412M - have you tried rolling back the drivers? Looking at my log, I used the 12.2s, not the 12.3s.
And like Steve mentionned, make sure the PCIe slot is configured for 16x.

John
Old April 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
What specific motherboard is it? Any chance you've got the vid card in a X4 slot?

How about the PSU cables? Have you tried reseating them, or using a different set/plug? Maybe it's not getting clean power.

Other than that.... all I can think of would be to try a different vid card and if that works fine, then RMA.
Hmm...Never thought of the power cables as it is a modular PSU. Will check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Sorry Adam, I just saw this. My old card not playing up to par? I can't relate to 3DM11, since I never ran any synthetic benchmarking apps when I had it.
But I can tell you it ran BF3 like a charm at Ultra settings, on a U2412M - have you tried rolling back the drivers? Looking at my log, I used the 12.2s, not the 12.3s.
And like Steve mentionned, make sure the PCIe slot is configured for 16x.

John
Not a problem John. The card is great and I am loving it....it just seemed strange that the card pulled such a low score. From what I have seen on google it appears to be common with a few 7970's.

I just did a reformat AGAIN ( After the last reformat last night it keep doing that DING DONG noise over and over and over again as something would not accept the driver for a PCI Communications Device ) and everything seems okay now... Going to redownload "11" and see what happens.

Apologies for my earlier remark....insomnia has gotten its hold on me for the past 2 weeks and it is starting to get me annoyed so please accept my apologies if I sound like I am snapping at any of you.