Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default GTX 680 drivers issues?

I have had them crash twice in the last 4 hours... first time my performance improved (they behaved as expected after the crash)... second time it went back to the crap it was first at.

It's showing 99% GPU usage, max clock but NO core boost and my performance SUCKS... This is the internet release drivers 301.10 I think.

edit: after some google I had my memory jogged... someone reported a problem with the power saving feature. I went into the control panel and changed the power saving to "maximum performance" under global settings and it runs like a charm BUT this has the obviously drawback of increasing power consumption when not full on gaming :/

Last edited by draemn; April 9, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old April 9, 2012, 09:34 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Can you check your temps? That sounds really odd to me since it shouldn't crash unless overclocked without Max Perf selected in the drivers and a Power Target increase as well.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That's odd, I haven't had a single problem (with drivers, running the official and now the new beta drivers). Sounds like it could be windows screwing with power management.
Old April 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Temps are amazing and so is noise level (slow fan speed with low temps)... I have left the power to maximum performance and haven't had issues, but I haven't done anything to try and put it back to adaptive power mode and test the problem.