Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2012, 06:18 PM
Allstar

Default Anyone encountered one of these?

I know the review is a bit older, and it's last generations card but has anyone encountered one of these (in either configuration)?

PNY GTX 580 Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU
Old April 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As neat as that looks I would not use it and I tend to enjoy using PNY products.
Its cumbersome, and not as effective as it could be, at least IMO..

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2012, 06:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

hrmmmm....

I dunno... seems kinda strange that 120mm sealed WC kits have long had a problem cooling just a CPU but an extra $40 on a vid card gets you something that can cool both a vid card and a CPU? I'd have to see a lot more than just one review..... ;)

That said, if it works somewhat, it'd be kinda interesting trying to fit one into a SFF case for a lan machine.......

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old April 8, 2012, 06:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It looks pretty sweet, using the shroud as an additional rad is a nice idea for this, not wasting any available space. If you could actually find one for only 40 more than a 580 I would definately buy it, CPU runs cooler than an NHd14 and the GPU runs super cool.

If you look at a twin frozr II they only run 20 degrees cooler max and they dump all kinds of heat into your case. 40 degrees cooler plus a cpu cooler on top of that, worth $40 IMO. Unfortunately I didn't even know this existed until today.
Old April 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The review did mention that it's a double thick rad for the CPU+GPU one and they have two pretty fast fans (guessing by the noise complaints) I'm a bit weary of the results myself as well, but one thing I'm thinking is this is more of a hybrid air/water thing for the video card, as opposed to a full cover block. How much of a difference does that make? Not a damn clue.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 8, 2012, 09:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Heres a really good review of it without the CPU piece, if you dont mind the reviewer- PNY XLR8 GTX580 Liquid Cooled Graphics Card Review - Water Cooled - YouTube

I wouldnt go for the cpu + gpu in one, too much heat for one 120mm if you ask me, im barely comfortable with an h60 at 4.2ghz on a 2500k.