Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You can also try using radeonpro to force a similar xfire profile, that has worked wonders for me with some games with crappy xfire profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 26, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

...Explain how hehe never heard of this crazy Voodoo knows as Radeonpro plz explain or link?
Old March 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
...Explain how hehe never heard of this crazy Voodoo knows as Radeonpro plz explain or link?
RadeonPro: Radeon Games Profiles Automation Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Found the strangest fix for this... Turn off V Sync and now all games max out on her system and Starwars has no more glitches... Always enable it after SCII came out and I watched a customers GPU fry out.

Thanks for all the help guys
Old March 28, 2012, 10:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Found the strangest fix for this... Turn off V Sync and now all games max out on her system and Starwars has no more glitches... Always enable it after SCII came out and I watched a customers GPU fry out.

Thanks for all the help guys
Well glad it was an easy fix, probably the same issue with my CF setup, but I'll be honest, I just wanted to not have any driver probs so I switched sides hahaha. Also I play a ton of SC2, never heard of GPU's frying before, is it at the menu screen where the frame rates slowly keep climbing? or is that just my personal problem with the game? not sure.
Old March 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it was a full recall and it was a notice sent out to all Blizzard retailers, do a google search about Starcraft II burning out GPUs
Old March 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
it was a full recall and it was a notice sent out to all Blizzard retailers, do a google search about Starcraft II burning out GPUs
Well I have played since release on 7 different cards for 12 hours+ at once on each card, I would call that tested enough for my books, no way I have that version still and never popped a card yet.
Old March 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Most the card we saw that failed were 460's with not enough cooling but if the system had even half assed cooling 99% of them had no issues :)
Old March 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It wasn't actually Blizzard titles, they just got put into the Limelight because thats where the first reports trickled from. It was a Driver issue that caused the fan profile to no work correctly and the failsafe fan profile wouldn't kick in.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Most the card we saw that failed were 460's with not enough cooling but if the system had even half assed cooling 99% of them had no issues :)
LOL, I was running SLI 460's when SC2 dropped.