Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 3 Pin to 4 Pin Fan Plug Adaptor?

Putting a zalman vf900 on my 8800gt. I usually just use a fan plug on my MB to plug it in to, but I would rather plug it into my gfx card fan plug. Problem is the zalman has 3 pins and my gfx card has slots for 4, and because of the housing around the plug I cannot fit the zalman connector into it.

Is there an adpator I can buy that will do the trick for me?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 25, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Bump... anyone?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 25, 2008, 10:57 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

The connector on the video card is most likely proprietary, meaning you wont be able to find an after market adapter or be able to make one since the pinouts aren't published. You Could make your own adapter based off the stock fan that was on the 8800gt if you have some electrical knowledge... but the easier way to fix your problem is to connect your new 3-pin a motherboard fan header on connect it to a fan controller. Either will work fine (and on the motherboard speedfan might be able to vary the speeds).
Old March 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

That is not intended for after market coolers, stick with a molex or mb fan input.
Old March 25, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks guys.

Well gosh darn it I guess I will stick to the MB fan input. That'll do as it has done before. I think this new MB I have only has 3 fan inputs so no side fan unless I can find a molex adapter for the zalman I guess.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old March 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Thanks guys.

Well gosh darn it I guess I will stick to the MB fan input. That'll do as it has done before. I think this new MB I have only has 3 fan inputs so no side fan unless I can find a molex adapter for the zalman I guess.
i may have somethign that fit it

send me a msg with the exact adaptor you need. i will send you pics of what i have

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old March 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdoradz View Post
i may have somethign that fit it

send me a msg with the exact adaptor you need. i will send you pics of what i have
Cool. I will do that tonight. I have a class after work so I won't be home till late. Thanks!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE