Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2008, 10:23 PM
MVP

Default Best 9600 Manufacturer?

Just wondering what everyone's opinion on the best manufacturer of the 9600 gt is, I am trying to sell my Haupage TV Tuner and with my birthday being a week away the planets might allign allowing me to exorcise my 8600 and have a card that can run some newer games fairly well. I hate to plug one of my own sales but please let anyone you know that I am selling the TV tuner as my plans pretty much go down in flames if I can't sell it. But back to main topic I would love everyone's opinion as you are all vastly more intelligent and experienced than me so please lend me your wisdom and let me know what you think.
Old March 20, 2008, 06:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA is a solid build and has super service (and the step up program)
Old March 20, 2008, 08:10 AM
Allstar

EVGA and XFX both have double-lifetime warranties. both are on sale at NCIX right now
Old March 20, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

XFX and BFG have better warranty support. Step-up is a hit or miss in Canada since you will most likely get to pay taxes on your card as it comes back into Canada (I have twice).
Old March 20, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
EVGA and XFX both have double-lifetime warranties. both are on sale at NCIX right now
Uh, no. EVGA's warranty only applies to the original purchaser and that is if you register it with them within 30 days of purchase. If you don't, that warranty drops to 1 year. You also have to register your purchase receipt with EVGA or you won't get any RMA help. I find their warranty to be barely acceptable and if you are buying one used, there is no warranty.
Old March 20, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I like XFX and BFG. XFX has best warranty.
Old March 20, 2008, 08:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I like XFX and BFG. XFX has best warranty.

I agree with Eldonko.
Old March 20, 2008, 08:40 AM
MVP

anyone have any experience with Galaxy? There is a Galaxy being sold at NCIX for 200 bucks thats looks pretty cool. Its OC'ed and is a dual slot card (only 9600 i have seen designed like that). I don't know what there customer service or warranties are like though. But maybe someone has some experience witht them and can let me know. I am gonna put a link to the galaxy 9600 i am looking at,at the bottom of this post just in case anyone wants to take a look.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...y%20Technology
Old March 20, 2008, 08:43 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I would go xfx for the same price. That or wait a few days and get a 3870 for cheaper than any 9600.
Old March 20, 2008, 09:17 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Uh, no. EVGA's warranty only applies to the original purchaser and that is if you register it with them within 30 days of purchase. If you don't, that warranty drops to 1 year. You also have to register your purchase receipt with EVGA or you won't get any RMA help. I find their warranty to be barely acceptable and if you are buying one used, there is no warranty.
You're right, EVGA only has lifetime for the original purchaser.

For BFG, you also have to register within 30 days and send the receipt for RMA. XFX does not require this, has double-life warranty, and is also "modder friendly" so I guess it has the best warranty.