Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Where to buy a fan for my EVGA GTX 295 COOP?

Hello,

Early last year I picked up a Evga GTX 295 COOP card off ebay and card worked great with no issues. One day I was doing something around the video card and I got my finger in the fan and broke a few blades off....

Now I tried e-mailed EVGA about getting a new fan but they won't sell me one or anything because I don't have the orginal reciept. Not sure what the big deal is but I just want the fan, I'll pay for it. I had a bit of info where I got it but wasn't good enough. Don't really want to go back to the company I got it off because I ended up giving them bad feedback because it said in the ad it was "new" when it wasn't. The UPC code was cut out of the box and gold contacts on the card had a lot of wear.

Anyone know what I can do or know where to buy a fan? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks
Old February 6, 2012, 01:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The only thing I can honestly think is if someone has a Dead CO-op that you can yank the Fan off for.
Alas I can understand EVGA's position, were it to be warrantied and registered to them even then I don't think they could replace the fan or the card. You would get something else, a 580 perhaps.
The 295 Co-Op is a rare limited run card mate,

Give this guy a PM and explain the situation to him.

RMA Assistance Thread!

Perhaps he can help,

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 6, 2012, 03:08 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the info ST,

I did find a working one locally and thought maybe I could just swap fans and RMA the one I just bought, heh. Hoping that it came with a reciept. EVGA would probably see that I changed the fan.

I've bought hardware off that guy recently so I'll have to PM him again and see what he can do.

Hopefully I can keep this card going!

Cheers