Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   AMD employees and stealth viral marketers (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/51285-amd-employees-stealth-viral-marketers.html)

The RealRollo February 5, 2012 05:04 AM

AMD employees and stealth viral marketers

• View topic - AMD's role in Stealth Viral Marketing - Q&A

Looks like the "friendly advice" you hear about AMD products might be coming from someone compensated to provide it.

great_big_abyss February 5, 2012 02:12 PM

You know, it's funny. I took a look through your post history HERE and it seems like every single post you make 'upsells' Nvidia products. At certain points you've even linked to Nvidia promotions, such as HERE.

Hmmm, this almost seems like you're an Nvidia shill yourself. Other than promoting Nvidia products or events, you haven't made any other contribution to this forum!!!

Now in and of itself, that's perfectly fine, and doesn't bother me one bit. It might bother HWC (they lose money otherwise derived from conventional marketing), but I'm not in the least concerned. BUT, you now go on to post about AMD adopting the exact same tactics, and you portray it in a negative light? I'd say take a long good look in the mirror!!!

AkG February 5, 2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 598644)
You know, it's funny. I took a look through your post history HERE and it seems like every single post you make 'upsells' Nvidia products. At certain points you've even linked to Nvidia promotions, such as HERE.

Hmmm, this almost seems like you're an Nvidia shill yourself. Other than promoting Nvidia products or events, you haven't made any other contribution to this forum!!!

Now in and of itself, that's perfectly fine, and doesn't bother me one bit. It might bother HWC (they lose money otherwise derived from conventional marketing), but I'm not in the least concerned. BUT, you now go on to post about AMD adopting the exact same tactics, and you portray it in a negative light? I'd say take a long good look in the mirror!!!

Ding. Ding. DIng. We have a winner....well only kinda sorta.....
In all likihood he is a NV "Focus Group Member" who gets free swag. I know on eliteB's board there is a "the realrollo" whose signature bragged of this fact...or was atleast being honest about his POV and reasoning behind it...until he yanked it BUT through the mircale of google and wayback machine is still easily shown for example: Elite Bastards • View topic - SLi coming for AMD chipsets

NOW this is not to say AMD doesnt do guerrilla marketing as ALL major tech companies do it....and its like saying water is wet. Take everything ANYONE says with a grain of salt...including me. :thumb:

Soultribunal February 5, 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 598668)
Ding. Ding. DIng. We have a winner....well only kinda sorta.....
In all likihood he is a NV "Focus Group Member" who gets free swag. I know on eliteB's board there is a "the realrollo" whose signature bragged of this fact...or was atleast being honest about his POV and reasoning behind it...until he yanked it BUT through the mircale of google and wayback machine is still easily shown for example: Elite Bastards View topic - SLi coming for AMD chipsets

NOW this is not to say AMD doesnt do guerrilla marketing as ALL major tech companies do it....and its like saying water is wet. Take everything ANYONE says with a grain of salt...including me. :thumb:

I never take what you say with a Grain of Salt AkG, rather a few hundred grains of powder instead :)

But you are right, in what you say.

-ST

AkG February 5, 2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 598670)
I never take what you say with a Grain of Salt AkG, rather a few hundred grains of powder instead :)

But you are right, in what you say.

-ST

lol

yeah 4.7 grains of WST over a 230grain'er (LRN) is 'bout right :P

sswilson February 5, 2012 05:07 PM

In all of my time here I can only recall one instance of obvious "paid" trolling for "the other side", and that was an anon poster who kept coming back to troll post from the front page. IP addy pointed back to an online media firm who we didn't name, but threatening to name it seemed to convince the troll to crawl back under his/her/it's rock. :)

That said... does it happen? I'm sure it does, but where do we draw the line when the information is presented fairly? Best we can do is to allow folks to point out FUD, and/or faulty testing procedures.

Skyllz February 5, 2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 598676)
lol

yeah 4.7 grains of WST over a 230grain'er (LRN) is 'bout right :P

Someone is speaking my language here...

Even if I prefer 124 and 147gr myself in the 9mm fashion.

Silent_Avenger February 5, 2012 05:38 PM

Gotta love trolls who get paid. :haha:

BlueByte February 5, 2012 07:04 PM

This made me chuckle, great_big_abyss' post for the win.