Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2012, 01:37 AM
Top Prospect

Default Why don't manufacturer list proper specs!!

So on a peaceful Friday evening. I decided that I would finally set up my ridiculous 3x Dell U2711 (27 inch IPS) with a slightly updated PC.

Set up everything connected all three monitors using 2x DVI dual link cable and one Mini DP to DP cable. Stupid me...you can only have maximum of two devices unless the DP connection is active. My mistake. But why is my monitor in 1080p?

So I tried connecting different monitor to see may be it's the monitor, changed to different DVI cable to see if it's the cable..

Finally I resorted going to Google and only to find out that 2x DVI are not necessarily dual link internally.....uhhh wtf? So I'm buying a 300 dollar card and getting half-assed single link port?

Asus. Do better.
Old February 4, 2012, 01:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What card?
My 6970's need to be switched to get dvi-d/dvi-s/3xdp

And yes you need a active DP for eyefinity.

Nice Monitors I have one but have been waiting to buy 2 more until nV hopfully get some cards out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton