Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   nVidida 285.62 Driver update? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/50741-nvidida-285-62-driver-update.html)

yanhchan January 21, 2012 05:42 AM

nVidida 285.62 Driver update?

Anyone besides me having issues with the new 285.62 driver update from Nvidia? The NCC (Nvidida control panel) keeps crashing on start up. I have uninstalled all old drivers and reinstalled. Still can;t seem to get things going.

I read on a few places that people are having a similar problem.

ASUS GTX470 (no overclock)
Smart Doctor uninstalled

Squeetard January 21, 2012 06:57 AM

I've been running the 290.53 betas now for a few months, zero issues. Before that the 290.36's. Time to move up to the 290 series.

Bond007 January 21, 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanhchan (Post 592957)
Anyone besides me having issues with the new 285.62 driver update from Nvidia? The NCC (Nvidida control panel) keeps crashing on start up. I have uninstalled all old drivers and reinstalled. Still can;t seem to get things going.

I read on a few places that people are having a similar problem.

ASUS GTX470 (no overclock)
Smart Doctor uninstalled

If your having problems on old drivers, then get the new ones.

rjbarker January 21, 2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

I've been running the 290.53 betas now for a few months, zero issues. Before that the 290.36's. Time to move up to the 290 series.
Yep been running this Driver as well since release date, no issues at all with nvcp or anything else for that matter.

yanhchan January 21, 2012 12:19 PM

Interesting, I had no idea there were 290 series, because I started the up-date from my old NCC updater link and it brought me stright to the 285 odd. Ok downloading new one now thanks for the help TTFN!

rjbarker January 21, 2012 02:04 PM

Always check nvidia.com for Drivers.

Squeetard January 21, 2012 07:43 PM

And then look for the beta drivers. Beta drivers are whql release drivers that have been sent to Microsoft for certification but haven't had the official approval yet.

On2wheels January 25, 2012 05:58 PM

I've actually had my PNY 560Ti black screen 1 or 2 times on the 290.53 beta, but the game either comes back on it's own or I have to quit it with alt-f4 or task manager. The fan speed plot I leave running on screen shows me the fan and temp drop to zero during the blackscreen time, so I assumed it was driver failure. Reading about power connectors here makes me rethink it but i haven't touched my pc since last fall. What else could it be?
Does anyone find it odd there's been 3 beta drivers since the last WHQL driver in October? I think I'm going to revert to at least the 290.36 version.

rjbarker January 26, 2012 04:54 PM

^^^ Anything OC'd ? What PSU.....did you do a clean install of the Driver?

sandpeople1 January 29, 2012 12:06 PM

First I would like to thank the members who offered advice but do not even run the gtx470 cards at the present time, not have the similar problems. And to the member that asked if they had their card OC'd when it clearly stated that it wasn't- way to go
The 470 is plagued with problems and nvidia has ignored them since release and will continue to ignore them bc they don't want to admit that they made a card that is a lemon.
There is no fix for this card and it continually crashes on all drivers.
I bought a new mobo, processor, and memory (about $1064 worth) and now am forced to replace this piece of $#*T nvidia with something from a company that actually cares about it's products.
To the original poster- you may want to just sell your card and stay very clear of nvidia and anything with the name "470" in it.
There is no fix bc the problem is the resistors on the card itself and the way it was designed- that is why the 480 came out very shortly after the 470.
I will never buy from nvidia again - they are the "black & decker" or "bosch" of the industry and are not to be trusted.