Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2012, 10:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Oh, that's not a flawed design, that's like virtually any 3rd party/aftermarket cooling solution, which I'm already doing with my 6950 and have no issues.

No concern for anyone with good case cooling.
Old January 9, 2012, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^ Yup exactly.. i have a 200mm side fan so i am fine. I just want to see real world people giving real world results.
Old January 9, 2012, 01:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well most reviews I've read have been positive, stating the cooling on this version is superior to the stock cooling and it's quieter.
Things will also improve when software is released to modify the fan curve.
Old January 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Things will also improve when software is released to modify the fan curve.
You can do custom curves with Afterburner.
Old January 9, 2012, 01:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

MSI-AB is already out with the new beta to do this is it not?
Old January 9, 2012, 02:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You know, I think you're right, I think the release notes of the Beta 10 mentioned the Tahiti GPU, so then maybe it's already good to go.
Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I pickup the Black Edition.
Old January 9, 2012, 02:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v07ut10n View Post
here is 1 i read, there are more as well. But take it with a grain of salt. Different people saying different things. I really am just waiting for more review before i buy. It really only talks about the cooler heating up more do to not expelling air outside. That is all. Nothing to get worried about if you have a good flowing case.

XFX 7970 DDBE And Open Case GPU's HEAT issue

What worries me though is stacking these cards.
I've seen custom solutions do really good when single, and really crap when in multi card solutions.

Time will tell,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 9, 2012, 08:16 PM

My System Specs

Anyone ever have to deal w/ HIS for customer support? Ordered a HIS HD7970 from Newegg last night. Don't think I've owned one of them before.
Old January 9, 2012, 08:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

If any of you went to MemoryExpress in Winnipeg this morning hoping for a 7970, and when they told you they were out, that's because of me. They had only 2, one HIS and one Asus. Waiting for Koolance to start shipping their waterblocks before I take them out of the box.

Old January 9, 2012, 09:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I ordered a Powercolor 7970 from NCIX at 8am this morning. At the time they showed 6 in stock. Almost right after I put in my order they showed 4 in stock. I checked back about an hour later and my order had flew right threw everything but the shipping stage. So I decided to check the stock for Powercolor 7970's again ...... back order!! Gasp!

I couldn't really do much about it since I was at work and things were starting to get busy.

I got home at 5pm and checked again. Still not shipped. Two hours passed. Still not shipped and I'm getting anxious. So I called NCIX customer care hoping everything was okay. I explained the reason for my call and asked if my order was good to go, or if I was being put on a "waiting list".
I was told, "Well we should get more in at the end of the week."
I thought "You've GOT to kidding me right now!"
I know it's not really that big of a deal, but when you're forking out big coin like that it's a big kick in the nads.

I was just about to switch my order to one of the other more expensive $599 cards hoping I could get one shipped right away, when the guy realized there were a few Powercolors there and my order was ready to ship. RELIEF!!

So after my panic attack, my new toy is on it's way.

This will be my first flagship card so I'm pretty pumped about it.