Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2011, 06:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
Set your GPU clocks to stock and see if you still get the issue. Test with Kombustor or Occt 3.01. If you still have the problems at stock, shutdown the computer, wait approx. 1 minute before booting back up. If the issue is gone after shutting down... welcome to the world of Fermi...
kombustor is essentially a rebranded furmark as is occt
Old December 30, 2011, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0pelley99 View Post
Got this just a few seconds ago.. Sound froze, screen went black, then everything came back. This is just while surfing the internet.
Hmm driver version 285.38 is BETA according to nVidia's web site. You can either upgrade to 285.62 WHQL or downgrade to some driver of your choice. If it happens again with a WHQL driver at stock AND your cards factory-set clocks, then you can shoot an e-mail over to support.

Your temps seem fine BTW - I'm currently folding at 79C but then again my Gigabyte has a very different cooler and it constantly screams at me (coil while)
Old December 31, 2011, 01:38 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
Set your GPU clocks to stock and see if you still get the issue. Test with Kombustor or Occt 3.01. If you still have the problems at stock, shutdown the computer, wait approx. 1 minute before booting back up. If the issue is gone after shutting down... welcome to the world of Fermi...
This happened with all stock clocks. It happened after I did the hour and a bit Furmark test with stock settings. I'm going to use heaven benchmark with the WHQL drivers as frontier204 suggested and report back.
Old January 1, 2012, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect

I left the benchmark on for about 20 hours and all seems good. I think overnight it may have paused since the temperatures only started coming up after I got on it just a few minutes ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
Your temps seem fine BTW - I'm currently folding at 79C but then again my Gigabyte has a very different cooler and it constantly screams at me (coil while)
I seem to only get that type of whine - although not very loud - during Kombustor test. It happens at both stock and overclocked settings.

Last edited by m0pelley99; January 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM.