Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Great deal on 465 GTX from PNY turned bad and now fixed. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/49570-great-deal-465-gtx-pny-turned-bad-now-fixed.html)

Starage December 19, 2011 01:44 PM

Great deal on 465 GTX from PNY turned bad and now fixed.

PNY.com special offer, $139.99
It is time to up grade, 560 Ti 448 or 570 GTX, then I saw the special offer.
I ordered four 465 GTX for two computers.
Did the order Wed night, UPS ground shipping from USA to EDM, AB.
PNY sent out cards on Thursday, Friday @ 3:30 PM was dropped at my door.
WOW fast.
Looked at the box, bent up not bad, poorly sealed. No invoice or packing slip.
Opened the box, 4 sealed boxes, minor dints to the boxes.
Unboxed the first card, no static wrap.
Then the fan cover almost came off! Broken.
So I unboxed the 2nd card, samething plasic peices from the fan cover are falling out.
On the third card unboxing, the fan was out of place and broken.
The 4th unboxing, the card is blue vs black, no damage. Wait the gold connection for SLI is damaged.
4 broken cards, no useable. Scrap, junk. What did I just order? Used cards? Refurbished cards are not like this.
The order was for four NEW cards! I just got suckered, right!!!
Called PNY customer support (Monday), there is no number for order issues online @ PNY.com.
Was transfered 3 times, ended up at Sr. Customer Service Representative.
End of the day, PNY gave me their UPS account number to ship the 4 cards back.
Once I email the tracking number, PNY will ship out the 4 new cards, I hope.
UPS is picking up Tuesday.
Question is now is UPS going to charge me duty and brokerage two times?
If the 460 Ti 448 was under $300.00, I would have never gone with the 465's.

Thanks for reading my sad story.

supaflyx3 December 19, 2011 02:35 PM

In my opinion i would ask for a refund and buy 460's, they're cheaper and faster then 465's.

Linus December 19, 2011 03:18 PM

Under $300 you say?

MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Twin Frozr III OC Power Edition 750MHZ 1280MB Dual DVI PCI-E Video Card - MSI/MicroStar - N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozr III PE/OC

Arguably after the tax and then when you get the rebate back you paid slightly more than 300, but dude, that sucks :(

Soultribunal December 19, 2011 03:26 PM

Wow...that is not cool mate. PNY usually is much much better than that.
You shouldn't have to pay duty twice, and if anything I would get PNY to pay the duty on obvious defective products.

-ST

Starage December 19, 2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 581508)
Under $300 you say?

MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Twin Frozr III OC Power Edition 750MHZ 1280MB Dual DVI PCI-E Video Card - MSI/MicroStar - N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozr III PE/OC

Arguably after the tax and then when you get the rebate back you paid slightly more than 300, but dude, that sucks :(

Yup. Should have gone with NCIX and MSI card.

Starage December 19, 2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 581495)
In my opinion i would ask for a refund and buy 460's, they're cheaper and faster then 465's.

Well the customer service was really good at PNY. I was really going for a refund.

Shadowmeph December 20, 2011 10:06 AM

Wow I would be very very Upset, I can understand a screw up of one card...Maybe but all four cards that is just terrible. I would think that they could replace the cards and pay for the shipping plus give you some kind of credit to keep you as a customer.

MARSTG December 20, 2011 11:08 AM

Upon inspection of the back of the cards, most black PCB GTX465 still have all the memory modules from GTX470 while the blue PCB cards don't. And transforming a GTX465 into a GTX470 in this case is just a matter of reflashing the bios.

Dead Things December 20, 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starage (Post 581479)
Question is now is UPS going to charge me duty and brokerage two times?

No - PNY will indicate on their customs forms that the second shipment consists of warranty replacement items, and they are not subject to duty.

Starage December 20, 2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Things (Post 581762)
No - PNY will indicate on their customs forms that the second shipment consists of warranty replacement items, and they are not subject to duty.

I hope they do indicate on the form.

Yup pulling my hair out.

Here is the email I got from PNY.

Dear Mr. Taylor,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I apologize for the unfortunate experience that you encountered when you received your order of (4) GTX 465 video cards on PNY order # 2375979. I can assure you that PNY does not provide used and/or damaged merchandise in lieu of new merchandise. As a result of the damaged cards, I have issued you return authorization # RM&296410.1,which you can use to return the broken cards back to us at the address listed below. Please use our UPS account # xxxxxxx to return the cards back to us. Once the cards have been returned to UPS, please send me the UPS tracking # so that we may release your replacement order of the (4) new GTX 465 video cards.<o:p></o:p>
Please send the return to:<o:p></o:p>
PNY Technologies<o:p></o:p>
100 Jefferson Rd. <o:p></o:p>
RM&296410.1<o:p></o:p>
Parsippany, NJ 07054<o:p></o:p>
Regards, <o:p></o:p>
Douglas Bischoff<o:p></o:p>
Sr. Customer Service Representative<o:p></o:p>