Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2011, 10:43 AM
Rookie

Default MSI 560 ti Hawk vs. EVGA 560 ti SOC

Price does not concern me as I am able to get both new for the same price. Which one is better. OC and non OC. I'll be running with an i7 2700k and eventually I will sli.

res=1920X1200

If someone could give me a link that compares them I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by noname2020x; December 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old December 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would saygo with the MSI Hawk. Great cooling and clock speed, and if you feel like it you can OC it further thanks to the cooler. And brand name won't really matter VS. EVGA = MSI
Old December 12, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Depends upon your Case Cooling, MSI exhausts all hot air directly into the Case, whereas Evga Reference Cards exhaust all hot air out the back of the Case.
In your circujmstances going SLi do you really want all that hot air circulating around inside your Case?

I'd go with the Evga Card for that reason, Customer / Forum Support and Lifetime Warranty ;)

Old December 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Depends upon your Case Cooling, MSI exhausts all hot air directly into the Case, whereas Evga Reference Cards exhaust all hot air out the back of the Case.
In your circujmstances going SLi do you really want all that hot air circulating around inside your Case?

I'd go with the Evga Card for that reason, Customer / Forum Support and Lifetime Warranty ;)
Huh, I totally didn't think about that. I will be using the NZXT M59 (which will be filled with 3rd party fans). I'm going to be honest though, I'm tempted to get the hawk simply because I think it looks so stinkin cool. My main question however is, which one will run games faster and which is more reliable?
Old December 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They will both be the same as far as running games, it will depend upon what kind of OC you get out of em...all 3 of my Evga Cards OC'd very well, but in all honesty running more than one a slight OC is all that is needed.

Looks of the Card is a personal choice, having run multi GPU's for the past few yrs I always lean towards Cards that are going to keep the inside of my Case cool, as I also have my CPU OC'd to the Max on Air.

Old December 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2020x View Post
Huh, I totally didn't think about that. I will be using the NZXT M59 (which will be filled with 3rd party fans). I'm going to be honest though, I'm tempted to get the hawk simply because I think it looks so stinkin cool. My main question however is, which one will run games faster and which is more reliable?
Reliability is luck of the draw really when it comes to a lot of cards. MSI does tend to use slightly better VRM components on their TF cards, however if you SLI them be prepared for an Oven inside your case. The Cards will spit out hot Air and re-circulate it admist everything else in your case. One of our Mods here had them and they hit High temps.

The EVGA's will exhaust some air into your case too but much much less than the MSI ones. Couple that with the top notch service you get from EVGA and you're laughing.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Reliability is luck of the draw really when it comes to a lot of cards. MSI does tend to use slightly better VRM components on their TF cards, however if you SLI them be prepared for an Oven inside your case. The Cards will spit out hot Air and re-circulate it admist everything else in your case. One of our Mods here had them and they hit High temps.
^^ I just realized the OP is also planning on using a Mid Tower Case, he'll be "battling" heat, even with all those Fans.....if your thinking of going 580's go for a Full Tower.

Old December 12, 2011, 12:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^ I just realized the OP is also planning on using a Mid Tower Case, he'll be "battling" heat, even with all those Fans.....if your thinking of going 580's go for a Full Tower.
Mid tower is fine for both so long as its well designed. My Lexa S is basically a M59 with a different front and it did perfectly fine for my 460's (EE models). My TT A90 did a perfect job for my 580 and will again once a new system is in there.

I just wouldn't do it with a mid tower and Twin Frozors. Way too much heat Dump.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Yikes, I guess I will have to go to the (IMHO) ugly EVGA card.

What about the R6950 TWIN FROZR II/OC? How would that stack up. What games rely the most on physx... Is it that much of a big deal? Will ati get on board? (ik my current case wouldn't fit this monster)

Also, would the XFX 750 PRO750 be enough to sli/cfx?
Old December 12, 2011, 12:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Your 750W will SLI / CFX fine so long as its not 580's or 6970's.

I would personally stick with the nVIdia route as they have much better driver support than this current Generation of ATI cards.

Thats just my experience though. There were many good reasons why I sold all my ATI cards.

-ST