Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2011, 12:21 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2020x View Post
would these create a heat problem?

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I've heard they run at like 88c.. should that be a concern?

would a 650w sli them oc'd?

Also, is it true that getting a 3gbps hard drive will slow down an ssd drive compared to a 6 gbps drive? Is there a noticable difference in the speed of the drives?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that particular cooler looks like it'll spread hot air into the case. Honestly it's all about preference, pros & cons, no one solution will fit everyone's needs that's why there are so many SKUs of the same prodcut. If you have a case with great air flow get the Twin Frozr type cooler, if you have a case with so-so airflow get the blower type.

It looks like it loads at around the 80c point.
EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti SuperClocked DirectX 11 Video Card Review-Hi Tech Legion-EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti SuperClocked DirectX 11 Video Card Review
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 SC Video Card Review - Temperature Testing - Legit Reviews

And according to Guru3d you would need a 750w+ psu to run 2 GTX 560 Tis.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-sli-review/14
Old December 14, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
If you have a case with great air flow get the Twin Frozr type cooler, if you have a case with so-so airflow get the blower type.
^^^^ Holy fvck this thread goes on and on.....get the Evga ....your Temps of all your other Components will be happy!!!...thats ..nuff said ;) ....I'm sure it will go on and on..... ;)
Quote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that particular cooler looks like it'll spread hot air into the case

Did you not read the Thread from the beginning of it?! Evidently NOT!!!

Old December 14, 2011, 01:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Here's the plain n simple "skinny"...for serious gamers that care nothing more than OC'ability and temps...we go with go Evga....for the "kids" that care about how "cool" their Card looks, but dont give a fvck about how much heat is expelled into their case, but "want really cool looking Card with heat pipes and all that jazz" ....go MSI...............the rest of us serious gamers go Evga ;)...there I said it ...

Last edited by rjbarker; December 14, 2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old December 14, 2011, 02:28 AM
Rookie

have you seen the MSI GTX 560 TI twin frozer OC 2GB card yet ? It runs 88omhz and have 2GB of ram. Too bad no one have reviewed them so far....
Old December 14, 2011, 06:38 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Holy fvck this thread goes on and on.....get the Evga ....your Temps of all your other Components will be happy!!!...thats ..nuff said ;) ....I'm sure it will go on and on..... ;)

Did you not read the Thread from the beginning of it?! Evidently NOT!!!
Sorry ma'am I didn't realize I needed to. OP asked about another particular GTX 560 Ti SC sku and I answered it. Some of us would like our cards to run cool along with our other components, the EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC runs quite hot.
Old December 14, 2011, 08:14 AM
Rookie

As le2key said I'm just trying to decide between 2 EVGA cards now. idk if this one would be alright with in case heat or not and I can't fine a good review of it anywhere =p. The cooling solution according to newegg comments is cheap though idk.

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Old December 15, 2011, 08:09 AM
Top Prospect

Don't get that one, if you're gonna go for that type of cooler get the MSI 560 ti twin frozr instead. But seriously don't get too stressed out about it man just get this one:

Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

You will not regret it.