Old December 8, 2011, 02:06 AM
Top Prospect

Default Performance differences?

Hi guys,

I got a question...

everyone knows there are many GPU's that have the same chipset
for example the gtx 570 or the HD6970

Now the thing is what I want to know...

are all gtx 570 and HD6970 from asus, xfx, club3d etc.... perform the same? if not... which one is the best?

Greatings :)
Old December 8, 2011, 07:35 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hardware Canucks sometimes does reviews comparing the cards different companies offer, such as this one for the GTX 560 448 core.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Roundup (EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI)

As far as if there is one for the ones you listed, I'm not sure. You'd have to take a look through the review section, a decent ways back since those cards are a bit older.
Old December 8, 2011, 09:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

All the reference cards are essentially similar apart from the sticker on them, and every card of a specific GPU model will perform the same clock per clock.
Where non-reference cards differ is the custom PCB layout and cooler - the more known and respected companies do it in order to improve power consumption, cooling & OC ability while others do it in order to cut costs.
Reference cards use the design made by NVIDIA/AMD and usually the safer bet, just choose the manufacturer with the best Customer service/warranty in your region. Custom cards are more of an individual subject and you need to know what you're buying, but generally speaking Gigabyte/MSI/Asus/EVGA are brands you can rely on (and there are exceptions) .
Old December 9, 2011, 08:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Pretty much what GT7R said.

Chosing a custom card just depends on your intended purpose, do you want to overclock like a beast and have the cooling to allow you to push the card further, or do you just want to operate at stock.

As a rule, even within custom cards, performance at identical clocks (ie. identical core and mem frequencies) will lead to at MOST a 1% difference in performance regardless of vendor since the cards are essentially the same.

Differences in memory modules used and VRM's limit your overclocking capability, but otherwise, if you do not plan to overclock, choosing the cheapest card will present no significant disadvantage to you. I'd even go so far as to recommend grabbing a card from any vendor so long as the store you buy it from has a good warranty policy (since the parts used by each vendor are relatively standard) and overclocking it by a healthy amount.