Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

View Poll Results: Which one is better (cooling , Overclock,Popular,Temperature)?!
MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer III 8 61.54%
Evga GTX 570 Superclocked 797 MHZ 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2011, 02:05 PM
Rookie

Default Evga GTX 570 Superclocked or MSI GTX 570 TFIII ?

Hi!
i wanted to buy MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer III but it wasn't instock! and i bought a Evga GTX 570 superclocked 797 MHZ with pc assembly and CPU ,etc from NCIX.ca . i heard that Evga hasn't good cooler and it is not good for Overclock(weak VRM) but MSI has a better cooling and is better for overclock ! Im confusing that what should i do?! I return the evga and buy MSI from Amazon or Evga is good and keep it? Which one?!

If i buy MSI from Amazon.ca , It has a guarantee and arrives with anyproblem?!

Im waiting for your suggestion

Last edited by a_2008; December 4, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old December 4, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Considering you already bought the EVGA and have it on hand (?) I know I wouldn't be bothered with the hassle of returning, etc. Still, if I had the choice, I'd pick the MSI TFIII over the EVGA any day due to the custom components.
Old December 4, 2011, 03:49 PM
Rookie

If you planned on adding a full cover waterblock instead of using the stock heatsink, I would stick with the evga but if you're sticking with air I'd get the TFII since custom coolers and components are quieter and of better quality than vanilla cards most of the times, not to mention the TFII heatsink looks gorgeous
Old December 4, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you already have the EVGA I would just keep it. If it hasn't shipped yet I would cancel the video card and grab the MSI...that's my opinion.
Old December 4, 2011, 07:17 PM
Rookie

I ordered in NCIX 2 days ago! and they assemble my system! i dont know they return my card or no!
Old December 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

You can ask nicely and they will probably - assuming its not already built - swap it out for the MSI. BUT, one thing to keep in mind is the EVGA exhausts all the hot air OUTSIDE the case, whereas the TF does not. IF the case you selected has bad airflow it -and everything else inside - will cook in their own juices.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 4, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
BUT, one thing to keep in mind is the EVGA exhausts all the hot air OUTSIDE the case, whereas the TF does not. IF the case you selected has bad airflow it -and everything else inside - will cook in their own juices.
Yep....this is the main reason I stay away from anything but Reference design...with these high end Cards which do get hot, exhausting the hot air out the back makes the most sense!

Old December 4, 2011, 08:53 PM
Rookie

My case is Define R3!
Im really confusing! some body tells MSI and some body Evga! but NCIX haven't msi and i should order from Amazon.ca(i dont know card arrives Safety or not ,has a gurantee or no)!
ah...It is very hard for decide! i dont know what should i do!
Old December 4, 2011, 09:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Keep the EVGA. Not only is their Customer service much better but they tend to have higher resale value due to their warranty lenghts and such.

Old December 4, 2011, 09:15 PM
Rookie

That's only if the seller agrees to help out with any rmas or anything since evga warranty is registered to one person..unless that's changed and MSI warranty goes by serial number so anyone that buys it has the warranty.