Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

View Poll Results: Which one is better (cooling , Overclock,Popular,Temperature)?!
MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer III 8 61.54%
Evga GTX 570 Superclocked 797 MHZ 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5, 2011, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just keep the EVGA it is a god card and the extra FPS you will get out of the TFIII is not worth the hassle.
Old December 5, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Yep....this is the main reason I stay away from anything but Reference design...with these high end Cards which do get hot, exhausting the hot air out the back makes the most sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibekrazy6988 View Post
Keep the EVGA. Not only is their Customer service much better but they tend to have higher resale value due to their warranty lenghts and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Just keep the EVGA it is a god card and the extra FPS you will get out of the TFIII is not worth the hassle.
Exactly. Its not like the OP picked...IDK...palit or some 3rd tier OEM for their gpu. EVGA's are damn good and unless the case is a HAF-X / 932 I would not go with the MSI. The R3 is a good and quiet case...but good, quiet and high airflow is a VERY tough combo.

Plus...NCIX doesnt have it in stock and while it is easy to plug in a GPU when you get the rig....why bother with two lots of shipping fees and all the hassle? Stick with the EVGA. Its pre-OC'ed and I doubt you will bother with OCing your GPU manually anyways. Hell...I rarely bother OC'ing my GPU beyond some minor MHz boosts.

YMMV but enjoy the rig you selected its very good and stressing over 1 or 2% dif...is not worth it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 5, 2011, 08:43 AM
Rookie

how abouat overclock and weak VRM?!
Old December 5, 2011, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You are splitting hairs, the Evga is a fine card, enjoy!
Old December 5, 2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_2008 View Post
how abouat overclock and weak VRM?!
There is weak and then there is weak. Its be designed to run at the loads they put on it (otherwise it would be a disaster for the mfg'er in RMAs). You wont be able to add more OC to it (as it has a very decent factory OC as it is)...but thats about it. EVGA sells a crap ton and the more of a product you sell the more problems will happen. Law of big numbers.

Hell if in two or three years it dies...you will most likely get a newer model back...which will ALSO have a lifetime warranty.

Edit:

Honestly. IF you are worried this much about performance and the like...why not simply bite the bullet and get a 580? Will solve all your problems...except budget related that is. :)~

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; December 5, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old December 5, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Honestly. IF you are worried this much about performance and the like...why not simply bite the bullet and get a 580? Will solve all your problems...except budget related that is.
Because i dont have 100-150 $ more money and 580 is 500$!
it is hard to decide btw msi and evga!
Old December 5, 2011, 09:40 AM

Well heres the deal:
1) the MSI is specced at 770mhz.
2) The evga is 797.

3) You will have to add 27 mhz to the MSI. In all likelhood this will happen...BUT msi does not guarantee it.
4) The MSI probably has more OC headroom...BUT this late in this gen 800 is damn close to the max you - a OC newcomer - can realistically expect to get from a 570. You can get more but dont expect it to last years and years. GPUs are more fragile and MUCH more sensitive to voltage than a CPU. The monster OCs you see on ANY Gpu usually is done by e-peen'ers looking for one shot numbers to post and then either RMA it (ie its a suicide run) or turn it down to a normal OC level and hope it last until the next gen comes out...at which point they sell it PDQ. OR by "golden cards" which the peep has gone through many cards to find...AND is very experienced in OC'ing.

5) You own the Evga.
6) in either case dont expect 580 performance from either card.
7) You are worrying about a couple FPS at the most in your games.

Those are the pros and cons of both. Make a decision and let us know how it goes as you can go around and round infinitely (and get your 25 post count to do a BST run...in which case expect to be banned for trolling and post count inflating) if you over think it.

Old December 5, 2011, 01:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
You will have to add 27 mhz to the MSI. In all likelhood this will happen...BUT msi does not guarantee it
If i overclocking the MSI !warranty will void ?! and they dont accept my burnt card or corrupted Card ?!
Old December 5, 2011, 03:09 PM

I doubt they wont honour their warranty (unless you do something really foolish). BUT remember with OCing its all luck of the draw. They dont guarantee anything above what it is rated for (ie 770mhz). TBH You may or may not get much OC out of either card. Like I said, for a first time GPU OC'er - who IS afraid of burning their card - 800 is pretty safe number to aim for. The evga...its plug and play as its factory Overclocked to basically a good "safe" number.

Old December 5, 2011, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Yeah , you are right!Thanks!
Do you have a benchmark from msi and Evga?! if i get a MSI and overclock that , MSI give me how much FPS ?!and Evga super clocked how much?!do you know?

Last edited by a_2008; December 5, 2011 at 05:03 PM.