Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Ordering From Evga Direct - Brokerage Fees

Hey guys...
Anyone here ever order a Mobo or GPU from Evga Direct (Brea Cal), I have only completed RMA's / Step ups which of course no Fees.
I'm curious as to what kind of charge there would be at the door upon delivery on a couple of GPU's?

Anyone with any experience please advise.

cheers
RJ
Old November 29, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

ask for USPS Priority Mail International to ship
Old November 29, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would call them and see if they can charge you sales tax. I recently ordered some car parts from the states and paid taxes online. Spent about $300 and they had all the proper paper work showing taxes were paid and I had no fees. If they can't do that then your best bet is hoping to have it shipped via USPS rather than UPS/FedEx as they can be absurd in fees.
Old November 29, 2011, 09:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

They've marked Step Up stuff as RMA for me before. Ask nice, you might dodge the tax.
Old November 29, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah ok thanks Sugar...yes my Classified Mobo Step up was also marked RMA, but then again it was a step up, anyhow, I sent their Customer Service an email asking. I see the Evga Classy 3Gb Cards are available on thier web site, we'll see what kind of reply I get back, they'll likely be sold out by the time I hear anything.

Quote:
Spent about $300 and they had all the proper paper work showing taxes were paid and I had no fees. If they can't do that then your best bet is hoping to have it shipped via USPS rather than UPS/FedEx as they can be absurd in fees.
Well it would be about a $1300 purchase and I know I wouldn't want it sent USPS/Canada Post...no way, if the Fees on that much were around $100 or so I could live with it, would still be ahead :)

Cheers
Old November 30, 2011, 04:06 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I bought two motherboards and three video cards on their B-stock store. Except for the high shipping price (30 US$, doesn't matter how much items you have), no other charges were added when crossing the lines. No customs fees or taxes. My advice would be to get multiples items at the same time, so shipping cost per item is reasonable.

Just my 2 cents.
Old November 30, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

with UPS will be fuel surcharge + broker fees garanteed on ground ship, thats why said take USPS air service 5-7 day

note UPS uses USPS for air service

so when hits your door...... no surprizes with USPS Global Priority Mail (5-7 Business Day Service)
Old November 30, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Kapt C USPS is not an option......
I have order from EVGA direct BUT only 3 backplates and 3 high flow air brackets, small purchase BUT did pay $20 at the door when delivered.
Just am reluctant to make a large purchase and be unreasonably singed upon deliver.
Old November 30, 2011, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Another option is to deliver it to a Kinek point and go across the border and pick them up yourself.....

Or have me do it for you....

Last 2 packages I got that way the Canadian border guard just waved me through, no sales tax or duties at all....
Old November 30, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Thanks for the offer Perineum...no panich anyhow as there out of stock....gonna keep my on The Egg, didnt really get much of an answer at all from NCIX re: when / how many they'll be getting in stock and I am also reluctant to shell out some big $$$ to only have my Credit Charged with no "answer" as to when....
The Egg I think is the best bet, just have to nail it when there in stock.