Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 12:25 PM

Spot cool is a perfect solution for stuff like this. Highly recommended and looks cool with the blue LEDs.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old November 30, 2011, 03:31 AM
Lyserberg

Ok The legendary Linus said his word.but before any suggestion
The case is an ordinary one,and the side panel became so hard to remove (it costs 30 bucks=the case) so i can't capture images for my card,but here's the brand : Palit NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT Super+ 1GB DDR2 Edition
second watercooling is not my option,this config will live its last days in few months (when i do my 3rd upgrade)
Linus can you give me a link to this spot cool :)
And yeah one more thing,i removed the panel once (it was so hard it hurt my hands) and tried to OC the card to the MAX,and do the sress test while holding a hair drier and pointing it directly to the GPU and VRM components
I realised that the card can be OCed to the max,without any artefact while it's keeping temps below 77 degrees!
Edit:Yeah Linus i loved this fan,but i want to know if the PCB won't be stressed by the fan i'm going to stick on,and make it blow directly air to the GPU,but first thing,is it safe to stick stuff on PCB?
if Yes i'm probably right now going to buy a 140 or 120 or 100mm fan and plug it in my graphics card's fan header :)
Old November 30, 2011, 04:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, your problem is the fact the card isn't getting enough air movement in your case, you either will need to install a fan on the side panel, or place a fan cooling solution suggested by others on the card itself.
Old November 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
Lyserberg

Here where the problem comes,i don't know how to mount a fan on the card it self!
Cooling the case is not an option as i said before,the panel is almost impossible to remove! and if i decided to remove it,the fan will be only on my GPU :3
Now i'm just afraid that the PCB will be so damaged causing components to not work and finally getting my card to die (my father will kill me) so is it safe to stick a 120mm fan with a tape on the PCB?
please guys answer this very tiny question it's not hard on you HWC warriors!
Old November 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've seen Fans Zip tied on safely so long as you know what you are doing. I wouldn't personally try to tape it as the thermal cycling of the card would probably deteriorate the tape (unless you use specific Termal 3M tape).

In my Original post before Linus I provided a link to a Spot Cool.
You can also look at Antec's main page to find them and see if they sell it where you live.

I still think that or the Vantec would be the best option.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 1, 2011, 12:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OP The Spot Cooler that Linus mentioned is on the NCIX Web Site, I've tried it out before. I believe its an 60 - 70mm Fan on a flexible arm, the end of the arm is secured to the Mobo with one of the Mobo retention screws. Simply fasten it to the Mobo, plug it into a Mobo header or a Molex Power connector and point it at the GPU.

NCIX.com - Buy Antec Spot Cool 100 Adjustable System Cooler Blue LED Dual Mode 1000-2000RPM 16-24.8DBA 4.9-9.8CFM - Antec - Spot Cool 100 - in Canada