Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2011, 08:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

The human eye won't be able to tell the difference between 60Hz and 80Hz, nevermind 120Hz... I have been using MSI Afterburner to keep track of my fps as of late.
Old November 24, 2011, 12:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Look mate I don't know how long you've been around for so I'll not make any assumptions. I can tell you for certain if you put a 60hz monitor next to one running 80hz next to one running 120hz you will notice. You do the same thing with fps and you'll really notice. I have been muckin around with this stuff since quake 2... I've also seen all three side by side by side. Point in fact... it's 85hz I believe not 80. Try it some time... play on med/high settings with the AA down low... get your 80-120fps and you will frag the other guy faster.
If you wanna run 50fps on ultra by all means I aint gonna stop ya :-)

Match your fps to your monitor frequency its always better. ;-)

In bf3 console type: Render.DrawFps 1
Old November 24, 2011, 05:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrUsHeR View Post
The human eye won't be able to tell the difference between 60Hz and 80Hz, nevermind 120Hz... I have been using MSI Afterburner to keep track of my fps as of late.
I think you meant to say, the human eye won't be able to tell the difference between 60FPS and 120FPS "on a 60Hz monitor". Which again, is debatable. But at least a little closer to the truth.
Old November 24, 2011, 05:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
I think you meant to say, the human eye won't be able to tell the difference between 60FPS and 120FPS "on a 60Hz monitor".
With a 60Hz monitor is what I was talking about, just didn't word it properly I guess.

clshades, matching the fps to the monitors specs is what I meant... That is how I have my system setup for BF3. Only in the crazy busy situations in gameplay do my fps drop to 50. Most of the time, in a regular fire fight, I am usually at 65fps. If I were using a 120Hz monitor I would lower the settings to increase my fps for better performance. I just find it makes no difference for me, when my monitor is 60Hz...