Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2011, 11:09 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm running a 560ti @ 1920x1080 on high in BF3 without issues. Maxed out on any other games that I have played. The 560ti might be more suitable and save you a bit of coin for the time being. :)
Old November 24, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Before retiring the ol' girl, would you like to give her one last victory lap? The Canadian overclocking team is currently looking for somebody with a GTX280 to submit a benchmark for us. See here for more info: HWBOT Country Cup 2011 - Kicks off November 19th!.

Interested in giving it a go?

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 1, 2011, 05:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Before retiring the ol' girl, would you like to give her one last victory lap? The Canadian overclocking team is currently looking for somebody with a GTX280 to submit a benchmark for us. See here for more info: HWBOT Country Cup 2011 - Kicks off November 19th!.

Interested in giving it a go?
My apologies Dead Things for not getting back to you sooner. Had to move to a friend's place as my current rental is up but my new house isn't ready yet So yeah, my system is packed for the moment and I cannot unfortunately help you guys out

I have done some more reading though with the release of the new castrated GTX 570 - I mean 560ti-448 What I've noticed is that the AMD cards like the 6950 and 6970 are pretty darn good for the money. Which then got me curious about 6950 2GB in CF... If I pick up one soon, do you guys think it would be hard to pick up another one in a year's time or so? Or maybe just splurge for two of those puppies come boxing day and give myself a nice house warming gift (literally they would warm the new house up )? This relates to my interest in future proofing a bit. I've been happy for nearly 3 years now with my GTX 280 so I'm not keen to change things too much for another while after this upgrade. I'm also planning on picking up a couple of new games over the holidays including BF3, so I'd love to have maxed out eye candy.

From my reading I believe my Antec TP-750 would hold up just fine since I'm not intending to OC anything. The only thing that has me puzzled is the possibility of micro-stutter; or is that just overblown?

Cheers,

Kaytek