Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

View Poll Results: Multi GPU - nv - ati: What You Running?
NV 26 59.09%
ATI 18 40.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2011, 02:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Before getting a Revodrive I used Xfire with my Q6600. Before that I used SLI with my Athlon64x2.

Now I do just fine with a single GTX570 with my 2600k and use my first PCIe slot for my Revo3x2.

More GPU power would be nice but not at the expense of storage performance.

More PCIe lanes please.
Old November 20, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
580 SLI

But frankly it is overkill for my monitor, but then again at least I can play any game maxed out for the foreseeable future.
Oh well your all set for any titles to come....you also have the option to upgrade to a Dell 27" or 30" ;)

Old November 21, 2011, 06:22 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Oh well your all set for any titles to come....you also have the option to upgrade to a Dell 27" or 30" ;)
You have no idea how much I want the new Syncmaster 27".....its only $874....

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 21, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Now that I've had my Dell U2711 for about a year and a half (paid $780 from DELL..special deal), gaming at native res, it absolutely takes gaming to another level ST.....I've been playing Witcher 2 (just about at the end of Act II) at 2560x1440 with everything cranked (Uber Sampling disabled....yes even my set-up brings it to its knees with US on) and FPS around 65-90 steady....very nice!

You'll love it if you get it!!

Old November 21, 2011, 02:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Now that I've had my Dell U2711 for about a year and a half (paid $780 from DELL..special deal), gaming at native res, it absolutely takes gaming to another level ST.....I've been playing Witcher 2 (just about at the end of Act II) at 2560x1440 with everything cranked (Uber Sampling disabled....yes even my set-up brings it to its knees with US on) and FPS around 65-90 steady....very nice!

You'll love it if you get it!!
I think I'm gonna get a new desk this year before I go investing in that much realestate. That way I can justify my 580 or SLI 460's for one more year.

But I have to admit you are probably right. Once I have the Hardware to drive the monitor properly and kepler is here I'll see about making the investment.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA GTX560 SC's

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old November 21, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Considering that more people on this forum seem to run nvidia, I'd say they're the winner. I did a poll a while back and the results favoured nvidia.

nVidia vs ATI issues RESULTS!

Take what you will from it, but consider that there were 62 participants and people could chose more than one answer (which makes it hard to draw conclusions from without seeing what answers each person picked). Still, if more people use nvidia than ATI but there are more complaints about ATI vs nvidia....
Old November 21, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Considering that more people on this forum seem to run nvidia, I'd say they're the winner. I did a poll a while back and the results favoured nvidia.

nVidia vs ATI issues RESULTS!

Take what you will from it, but consider that there were 62 participants and people could chose more than one answer (which makes it hard to draw conclusions from without seeing what answers each person picked). Still, if more people use nvidia than ATI but there are more complaints about ATI vs nvidia....
^^^^^ Huh?!....you read wayyyyyy to much into why I posted this Thread, it wasn't about "winners" at all....simply for me to get an idea of how many Multi GPU Rigs there are within our Community ;)

Old November 21, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
^^^^^ Huh?!....you read wayyyyyy to much into why I posted this Thread, it wasn't about "winners" at all....simply for me to get an idea of how many Multi GPU Rigs there are within our Community ;)
nah, just mis-read. I thought YOU were looking for opinions on which setup to go for multi-gpu, not that you've seen lots of people wondering that.
Old November 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SLI 570 here :)

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware