Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   6950 CF next week, which brand has best RMA (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/48175-6950-cf-next-week-brand-has-best-rma.html)

TedShackley November 10, 2011 05:45 AM

6950 CF next week, which brand has best RMA

I have a non-ref sapphire 6950, and going to CF next week:biggrin:but his thread worries me
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...a-horrid.html?

My plan was to get the dirt3 6950 for its dual fans

I definitely want a dual fan design, don't want the noise of a blower and heat is not an issue

So which GPU brand have good RMA here in Canada (I'm in capital of Newfoundland, not the middle of now where)

Arinoth November 10, 2011 05:47 AM

Asus would be a good bet, as they have a facility in canada that you can RMA to (in the GTA actually), whereas Gigabyte you have to send it all the way to California. I don't know the other manufacturers RMA locations unfortunately, just those two.

SKYMTL November 10, 2011 06:28 AM

XFX is the one with the best warranty service IMO.

Your_friendly_gamer November 10, 2011 07:44 AM

MSI as well, they are in Markhan I believe and they are pretty good. You dont even need a ticket number, just open up a RMA and explain then problem and then simply get approved. That's what I did with my old MSI bigbang X58 mobo.

TedShackley November 10, 2011 08:31 AM

I just sent this basic message to sapphire, XFX, MSI, diamond, powercolor, and I guess sent 1 to HIS and is that it? ASUS- but I don't want that direct CU thing-too big and expensive

Quote:

Iím getting a 6950 soon and I want to know about RMA in Canada, I live in St.John's Newfoundland, Canada.

If I had to RMA it, where would I have to ship it to?

Then is there a return shipping cost or ANY other fee I would have to pay to get my replacement back?

And would the replacement come from somewhere in US/Canada or from Asia? Thanks.
They better speak english well enough, and actually KNOW the procedure, not just read back something from some 3 year old manual at some call center type place.

edit: yeah and MSI lists 3 sites for RMA, 2 in Markham and 1 in BC
ASUS has 1 in Markham that I sent a MB to once
And sapphire might have 1 in ON, couldn't find confirmation yet

SKYMTL November 10, 2011 08:34 AM

Makes sense. I will be interesting to see who (if anyone) responds.

TedShackley November 10, 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 567002)
Makes sense. I will be interesting to see who (if anyone) responds.

and I included the above "beware of sapphire...." link in the 1 to sapphire

edit: HIS just lists this all in Hong Kong, no email even listed

Arinoth November 10, 2011 08:40 AM

Let us know what they said, would be rather interesting to see/know.

NI3 November 10, 2011 09:47 AM

Asus, or MSI would be the best bet for Canadians, but XFX does have a double lifetime.. Most of the brands, other than Asus or MSI, you usually ship it to the USA, but sometimes somewhere in Asia. I would say that either Asus, MSI, of XFX, depending on your wants/needs.

Are you likely to sell? XFX with it's double lifetime is great peace of mind for buyers that may be worried.
If not, I would say you choose between MSI or Asus.

Powercolor, Diamond, Sapphire, all are lower tier for warranties. I say this as I run a sapphire card, and have a diamond 4850 waiting to be put into my siblings computer.

TedShackley November 10, 2011 10:54 AM

no one emailed back yet, but yup, rather than risk 2 from sapphire, an MSI tf II is no the top candidate

every watch 'the light bulb conspiracy'
The Lightbulb Conspiracy (Full Length - English Subtitles) - YouTube

its about how they purporsly make thing that will break in X numbers of hours, so you will need to get another

1 printer in that video even as a chip that disables the printer AFTER SO MANY PAGES:angry2: