Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2011, 05:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd love to get one of these, simplifies the layout in a small mid-tower.

Great review, nice to see it tromp on a 580.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 4, 2011, 05:59 AM
Rookie

being an owner of an old un-SLI-able board, and looking forward to playing BF3, MW3 and Metro2033 on best image settings with good framerates, i see this card as a very interesting candidate.

and i think it could keep good resale value even once kepler comes out...

anyone knows when its coming out ? checked ncix and its not there yet...

i was thinking of doing full upgrade of cpu ram and mobo, but its a little over budget right now so this card caught my attention
Old November 4, 2011, 07:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Interesting card, if it was just a little bit cheaper I could see this being a huge hit but as is I'm not sure it will be too appealing to most gamers due to the 1Gb ram.
Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64
Old November 4, 2011, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

this would be an awesome card if you could SLI two cards for quad SLI...why did they even include the SLI finger if you can't?
Old November 4, 2011, 12:58 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razamatraz View Post
this would be an awesome card if you could SLI two cards for quad SLI...why did they even include the SLI finger if you can't?
Just in case......
Old November 4, 2011, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SKY - in your estimation, what are the odds that Nvidia will add quad-SLI support for the 560ti to its drivers? I'm assuming zilch since they didn't do it for the 460 2win.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 4, 2011, 01:53 PM

It will not be added...

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old November 4, 2011, 02:43 PM
Top Prospect

I'm a little surprised at the minimum frames of the GTX560 SLI at 2560x1600. Why the huge drop while scaling seems fine for the 570? Is it a memory problem?

I'm running BF3 on medium at 2560x1440 with GTX460 1gb SLI and performance drops significantly on high. Would be interesting to see the 1gb vs 2gb/3gb comparisons for this game.
Old November 4, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

After trying to convince people to not buy a GTX 580 and get a SLI setup, I have come across quite a few people who don't know the difference between a single GPU card and a dual GPU card.

I think EVGA has a bigger audience than you expect because of people like this. There are many people who will just see this as a super fast single card instead of a dual card. It's surprising how many people spend money on fast gaming computers/parts without fully understanding the differences between price/performance or SLI vs single card setups.

@ dead things: Other than memory 'limits' or people who benchmark, what would be the point of buying anything other than 560 Ti's in SLI if nvidia let you have 3 or 4 way SLI with them?
Old November 4, 2011, 04:35 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
SKY - in your estimation, what are the odds that Nvidia will add quad-SLI support for the 560ti to its drivers? I'm assuming zilch since they didn't do it for the 460 2win.
I would say that NVIDIA will never support it with current cards. There is the option of a custom driver patch by EVGA but I doubt that will happen.