Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2011, 06:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
NP ST I just didnt think you were on the 69xx at all, hey cant follow everyone.
Yeah I am far from aAMD fanboi (he he I said the word ) but always wonder with ppl hating on amd driver and if they were using them or just repeating what others have said.
Drivers over the years have been hit and miss for me minor issues across all gens and platforms.
Agreed. My 465 was a PITA. However my 460 EE"s and 580 have thus far been flawless.

Not repeating others words
I went out of pocket a bit to change one of my clients configs around because of problems. After the switch..no issues.

Such is life.
I hope the 7XXX can win back some support.
Heck I was even Folding on ATI because I loved them, its a shame they couldn't keep it up.

As for the original topic, get a 560TI, its worth it.

And the PNY was actually 198.99 after MIR not too long ago. Was a great deal,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
And the PNY was actually 198.99 after MIR not too long ago. Was a great deal,
Where? I'm thinking of getting one too... Can't seem to find the sales
Old October 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Where? I'm thinking of getting one too... Can't seem to find the sales
204 after rebate:

NCIX.com - Buy PNY GeForce GTX 560 Ti XLR8 Black Box 822MHZ 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini-HDMI DX11 PCI-E Video Card - PNY Technologies Inc - VCGGTX560TXPB - in Canada

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old October 28, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This item is no longer available.
Old October 28, 2011, 07:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
This item is no longer available.
Damn, just noticed that too :(

Sorry hahaahah. It was the one I knew was on sale for a while.

ST

Old October 28, 2011, 07:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've got a 560Ti a while ago and I'm pretty pleased with it. Upgraded from a 5770, nice performance boost and bug free drivers.
Old October 29, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The other viable option is the Zotac GTX 560 Ti which comes to 199.99 after MIR and has a warranty of 5 years with registration (which is almost the same as life imho), but it seems to be a loud card and has no other extra features hardware-wise.

At first I hadn't done my homeworks properly. It seems that the Gigabyte I linked can't be PMed to 205$ after MIR, but rather it can only be had for 230$ after MIR if I want Batman (which I do), so that reduces the benefit of getting the card now greatly. I was really being sold on the Gigabyte one, it sucks, now I am back to the drawing board.
Old October 29, 2011, 05:59 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default I may still get the 560ti but

I may still get the 1 GB 560ti by Zotac on NCIX but if you really don't want microstuttering problems make sure you look at various 2 GB cards that are available. Honestly right now I think the sweet spot is the 6970 for $330 or so.
Old October 29, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz2008 View Post
I may still get the 1 GB 560ti by Zotac on NCIX but if you really don't want microstuttering problems make sure you look at various 2 GB cards that are available. Honestly right now I think the sweet spot is the 6970 for $330 or so.
Are you sure about the microstuttering, that's the first time I have heard that... I mean, I have heard it about SLI or Crossfire, but not with a single card.

AS for the sweet spot. As I said for me Batman: AC is like a 50$ instant rebate, so if I was looking to spend that much, I'd go for either the Asus GTX 570 or Gigabyte GTX 570.
Now, that makes me wonder if I should go for a GTX 570 or a GTX 560 Ti. I don't usually upgrade very often and the fact that the new offerings from AMD and nvidia is bugging me if I am to spend that much.
Old October 29, 2011, 08:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz2008 View Post
Again, as I said in your other post about this. Microstuttering is mainly with multi-card solutions and ATI is more notorious than nVidia...

-ST