LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2011, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You will not like 6950CF.

I sold both my XFX cards after MONTHS of issues with drivers and Game issues.

nVidia has really won the driver battle here, there's are always more mature and less likely to cause issues.

Last AMD Catalyst update broke my friends X-fire for the 3rd consecutive time on his 6850's.

He recently got a 580, and hasn't looked back.

ST
This is the thing though for some of us we have little to no issues with XF, worst thing for me so far is having to re enable xfire after a update. Big whoop.

I thought you were on 68xx series ST not 69xx.

To each their own I say, unless you fold then nV all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
This is the thing though for some of us we have little to no issues with XF, worst thing for me so far is having to re enable xfire after a update. Big whoop.

I thought you were on 68xx series ST not 69xx.

To each their own I say, unless you fold then nV all the way.
I know some people have luck, I find it all depends too on the games you play. Xfire + EVE was Bad. Even single card was rife with issues.

This isn't to say that they can work. I did have moderate sucess for a time on a single 2GB card, but that faded after a few updates.
I miss the days of my 5XXX series.

And, I have had Twin XFX 6850 BE's, Twin XFX 6950's 2GB (Vanilla) , Twin 6870 , and a Single 6970 ( going off memory at work, i'll check my invoices but its been a lot). Now these are over the span of two personal builds and 2 client side ones.
My friends too, have 6850's and 6870s with mixed sucess. ( I actually have a picture unrelated of my Armor A90 with the 6950 inside somewhere)

The One thing I can say is for a time, going 3 panel on WoW with the 6850's was awesome.
I know to each there own.

I used to love AMD Super, I really did. I would suggest and recommend all sorts of AMD cards from HIS and Visontek and I used a lot of them on my own too. The biggest thing was the launch of the 6XXX has soured my opinion based on Driver crap.
I will still try the 7XXX series in hopes that they work out for the best.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 28, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I know some people have luck, I find it all depends too on the games you play. Xfire + EVE was Bad. Even single card was rife with issues.

This isn't to say that they can work. I did have moderate sucess for a time on a single 2GB card, but that faded after a few updates.
I miss the days of my 5XXX series.

And, I have had Twin XFX 6850 BE's, Twin XFX 6950's 2GB (Vanilla) , Twin 6870 , and a Single 6970 ( going off memory at work, i'll check my invoices but its been a lot). Now these are over the span of two personal builds and 2 client side ones.
My friends too, have 6850's and 6870s with mixed sucess. ( I actually have a picture unrelated of my Armor A90 with the 6950 inside somewhere)

The One thing I can say is for a time, going 3 panel on WoW with the 6850's was awesome.
I know to each there own.

I used to love AMD Super, I really did. I would suggest and recommend all sorts of AMD cards from HIS and Visontek and I used a lot of them on my own too. The biggest thing was the launch of the 6XXX has soured my opinion based on Driver crap.

-ST
NP ST I just didnt think you were on the 69xx at all, hey cant follow everyone.
Yeah I am far from aAMD fanboi (he he I said the word ) but always wonder with ppl hating on amd driver and if they were using them or just repeating what others have said.
Drivers over the years have been hit and miss for me minor issues across all gens and platforms.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old October 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
I am more and more considering upgrading my HD 4890 to a GTX 560Ti PMed to 234.79. Minus the cost of Batman: Arkham City which I will buy either way, the MIR and the price I can sell my 4890, comes down to something in the 100$ range or less.
I already told prospective 560 Ti-buyers the best deal but no one listens to me here...

Edit: I'm not sure what makes the Asus one better but I'm just going by my own personal perspective... if you're going to push it when overclocking, I'd want a full-time warranty. AFAIK, your only choices there is PNY and EVGA. That's just my own personal thought on it...

Maybe Asus and Gigabyte did a good job and tested their cards, pushing the overclocks and have good QC... I dunno..... :)

Last edited by Borg; October 28, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 28, 2011, 02:05 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
You will not like 6950CF.

I sold both my XFX cards after MONTHS of issues with drivers and Game issues.

nVidia has really won the driver battle here, there's are always more mature and less likely to cause issues.

Last AMD Catalyst update broke my friends X-fire for the 3rd consecutive time on his 6850's.

He recently got a 580, and hasn't looked back.

ST
Interesting, I heard that the 6950's were pretty decent cards. Thanks for the heads up. May just save up for a 570 then.
Old October 28, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
I already told prospective 560 Ti-buyers the best deal but no one listens to me here...

Edit: I'm not sure what makes the Asus one better but I'm just going by my own personal perspective... if you're going to push it when overclocking, I'd want a full-time warranty. AFAIK, your only choices there is PNY and EVGA. That's just my own personal thought on it...

Maybe Asus and Gigabyte did a good job and tested their cards, pushing the overclocks and have good QC... I dunno..... :)
Meh it is a forum, ppl listen to what/whom they want fact of life.

Quote:
Old October 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Meh it is a forum, ppl listen to what/whom they want fact of life.
I know... I was just kidding... :)

I'd like the PNY 560Ti under $200 right now... lifetime warranty...

But, I was wondering if the tweaked 560Ti (thread in articles section?) might lead to even a slight reduction in prices soon? That would help my decision-making process... :)
Old October 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I know... I was just kidding... :)

I'd like the PNY 560Ti under $200 right now... lifetime warranty...

But, I was wondering if the tweaked 560Ti (thread in articles section?) might lead to even a slight reduction in prices soon? That would help my decision-making process... :)
Where you find the PNY under $200?
Old October 28, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you price match they won't give you batman... I tried and they refused so I ended up playing full price.
Old October 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
What deal is that ? I thought this Windforce for 205$ after MIR isn't that bad.

Quote:
I must admit I am some sort of AMD fanboi... If I could find some half decent folding competitive AMD card, I'd defintively go for it. My 4890 has had no driver problems what so ever.