Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
Rookie

Default Manufacture video card warranty's question.

I was watching your unboxing of a XFX radeon card and it had a void if removed sticker on one of the screws although they have had a modd friendly warranty in the past.

My question is that I am building a new system and I play to use water blocks for my graphics cards and I wish to go with AMD cards, but I have not been able to find any manufactures that allow modifications to their cards without voiding the warranty, can you help me out in this area or am I out of luck?
Old October 25, 2011, 09:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Taken from the XFX website for north america.

Quote:
** XFX has carefully selected the optimal thermal or fansink component for your graphics card model. We do not encourage the removal of components due to damage that may result in the process. XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support. In addition, XFX support will be able to walk through the installation with you or provide feedback and pointers on available options for your specific product. You may even consider shipping your components to XFX and allow the technicians at XFX to perform the modification for you (shipping charges to XFX apply).
So in a nutshell, they do allow it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
Rookie

Can you or anyone else tell me if they actually contacted XFX to get something like the mounting of water blocks in their file, and if you did not and the card crapped out on you did they still honor warranty? Just wondering if it is actually necessary for me to contact them prior to get it noted.
Old October 25, 2011, 07:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo2002 View Post
Can you or anyone else tell me if they actually contacted XFX to get something like the mounting of water blocks in their file, and if you did not and the card crapped out on you did they still honor warranty? Just wondering if it is actually necessary for me to contact them prior to get it noted.
Give there tech support a shout. I think the thread is too old for me to find, but the question was brought up just over a year ago and the net result was them saying to go ahead.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com