Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21, 2008, 12:52 PM
Rookie

Too bad you didn't PM direct canada (*always use shopbot.ca before you add to cart people!) and get the cooler for $21 (I did!)

Great cooler though. I totally agree with your points on how much quieter and cooler the GPU runs now.
Old August 13, 2008, 08:10 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I got one of these end of June for my 4850, but didn't get around to installing it until last night. I found that one of the bolts that screws into the base of the HSF isn't threaded, so it wouldn't go in, the other problem is it seems one of the holes is a tad to big, so a threaded bolt doesn't really secure itself into the base either. This sucks, but I guess it explains the low price of this cooler.
Old August 31, 2008, 08:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just updating that the guys at NCIX were nice enough to send me some replacement bolts no hassles at all. Got it and they worked out just fine, however, the next problem with this cooler is that the adhesive for the ramsinks are terrible. I had a couple of them fall off after 30 mins or so. I bought some 3M thermal tape and those suckers are on nice now, so don't expect any more issues. Also the thermal paste they include comes in a terrible syringe, while installing it pretty much exploded all over my GPU, so took a half hour to clean things off. After completing the install I found that the HSF cools my HD4850 very well and is pretty much silent at full speed (2000 RPM). If Coolink can fix these issues, they'd have an excellent product on their hands, especially for the price.