Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2011, 05:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default EVGA - Two Thumbs Up, and Two Big Toes Up!

I got my EVGA GTX 570 (reference design) from Newegg in the mail today, and being the impatient excited bhoy I am, I immediately opened it. Found a BIG surprise - EVGA included the "high-flow bracket" on it (rather than the reference one)! At first, I was a little confused and concerned that it could have been the TR reference version, so I called about it (waited only a minute to get transferred to an agent). He said that some of the newer ones included the bracket (also asked him about removing an ugly white sticker form the back that said "Warranty Void if Removed" and he OK'd it). Big thumbs up for EVGA! Will take pictures later (accounting test tomorrow).
Old October 13, 2011, 05:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Evga sent me a high-flow bracket for free when I requested one a while back.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 13, 2011, 06:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
I got my EVGA GTX 570 (reference design) from Newegg in the mail today, and being the impatient excited bhoy I am, I immediately opened it. Found a BIG surprise - EVGA included the "high-flow bracket" on it (rather than the reference one)! At first, I was a little confused and concerned that it could have been the TR reference version, so I called about it (waited only a minute to get transferred to an agent). He said that some of the newer ones included the bracket (also asked him about removing an ugly white sticker form the back that said "Warranty Void if Removed" and he OK'd it). Big thumbs up for EVGA! Will take pictures later (accounting test tomorrow).

So the rep said it was ok to take the sticker off the back of it. Did not think EVGA would let you do that.
but for you.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

^
I think they realize the stickers essentially fall off over time. With RMAs, they're fine with it if you've simply included the sticker within the RMA.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think all cards have come with it for quite some time now....when I bought my GTX580 a few months ago it came with it too.