Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2011, 08:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Good to see MB is still going strong, and still offering their own "in store" warranty. MB was my 'go to" store for 5+ years, and while I only had to make use of it once, having them take over the hassle of replacing an overheating Saphire ATI 1950bpro (systemic vrm cooling problem w/ v1 pcb) was well worth the trip across into hfx.
Yes they are still going strong! Great shop and great bunch of guys to deal with! They are my go to store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
I am curious... what is XFX's warranty like? If you buy a used XFX card, does it automatically transfer or does XFX demand serial numbers and/or receipts?
I just recently bought a used xfx6850, so I've been through this process. As boggtrotter just stated, the warranty can only be transferred once, so you have to buy it from the original owner. You need the serial number of the card (on the card itself) and the original owners registration code from when they registered it on the xfx website. That is all you normally need. In my case however, they weren't sure if the owner registered the card within 30 days of buying it (the original owner must register it within 30 days in order to get the lifetime warranty). So I had to get a copy of the owners original receipt, scan it, and email it to xfx. Once they saw it and confirmed the dates, I had a used card with a transfered lifetime warranty to me after I registered it.

You do have to register the card within 90 days of buying it used, although I'm not sure how they would confirm or deny that.
Old November 2, 2011, 10:25 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

New card is on it's way to me, should be here by monday. I wonder if i am getting a 5850 back or something else.
Old November 10, 2011, 05:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

this thread worries me a lot, I have 1 sapphire 6950 2gb, and I'm getting another 6950 next week for CF, and sappihre dirt3 was at the top of my list

I'm in Newfoundland, I had read before that they had a Markham,ON center like ASUS does, why did they send OP to place in Cali, then to China
Old November 10, 2011, 09:12 AM
Top Prospect

Aren't you supposed to return it to the place of purchase?

2 years at the place of purchase I thought...
Old November 10, 2011, 03:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
Aren't you supposed to return it to the place of purchase?

2 years at the place of purchase I thought...
That is what is said on Sapphire's website, but it is not true. NCIX will only give a replacement for 30 days. After 30 days you deal with the manufacturer
Old November 10, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_guitarboy View Post
That is what is said on Sapphire's website, but it is not true. NCIX will only give a replacement for 30 days. After 30 days you deal with the manufacturer
That's only because NCIX suck and don't want to service it for you.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 1, 2011, 12:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I am thankful of this thread, a Radeon 5770 i sold at the begining of this year died on my friend, so I went through the RMA process knowing they were going to throw some extra fees my way, so when it come down to it, ($51 admin/frieght fee, plus shipping to Athlon), I simply told them that those charges were unacceptable for a card that is worth $50 used online, and that i knew of them waving such fees before. And that if they were to charge me that amount, then I would simply start paying the $15 upfront cost for another manufacturer that wouldnt charge these high admin fees. Today I recieved an email stating,

"We have contacted Sapphire and managed to get managments special approval to treat yours as a special case and waive your admin fee"

So thanks to the OP I probably would have used it as a paper weight if not for this thread! (Too bad for Sapphire I have moved on from buying their gear ne ways)

Thanks,
Mav