Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2011, 03:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Why is it that we even have to deal with manufacturers anyways?
Good point. I can return anything at Canadian Tire and often they don't even check the contents of the box. Keeps customers coming back. I'm pissed at Microbytes Pointe-Claire too because they have an I don't give a S**T attitude towards their customers - at least in this case.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyLucas View Post
Good point. I can return anything at Canadian Tire and often they don't even check the contents of the box. Keeps customers coming back. I'm pissed at Microbytes Pointe-Claire too because they have an I don't give a S**T attitude towards their customers - at least in this case.

thats why i never bothered with microbytes for over 5 years
they are overpriced and act like they the only place to buy pc parts

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old October 26, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seems that the Quebec store was very different :P we were very large on return term and other thing like that.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 26, 2011, 03:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyLucas View Post
You guys are missing Linus's point which is very valid.

Unlike CTC corp which has huge markup and massive coffers, computer parts have much tighter margins. It just makes it harder. Thats all.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 26, 2011, 05:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I quit buying Sapphire cards 2-3 years ago because of this specific reason.
pretty much this.

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5 | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H | 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz | SLI GTX 460 768MB | Antec High Current Gamer Series 900W
Kingston 64GB V100 - WD Black 500GB - WD Green 1.5TB | CM HAF 922 | Asus VW246H
| Logitech G15 v2 | Logitech G9x
| Steelseries Siberia v2
Old October 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm001 View Post
That's why I now spend a little extra and buy local for "major" parts (mainboard, cpu, graphics, psu). We have a local shop here in halifax (mysterybyte) that offers their own 1 year warranty on a lot of their items - so if it goes within a year, they replace it (then I guess they deal with the manufacturer). This one year warranty is worth the 10% extra, believe me!

So if ME only gives you 7 days, then buy elsewhere. And let them know why you are not buying from them. Maybe if enough people let them know, they'll change their policy or lose business.

Sorry Linus, the only things I buy from NCIX are "smaller" like memory, thermal paste, cpu coolers, fans, etc.

As for Sapphire, I never buy their products for the exact reasons being discussed here; crap warranty and crap customer service. Same goes for powercolor, diamond and visiontek. I've had great customer service and rma experience in the past with asus and xfx, so those 2 are my preference.
Good to see MB is still going strong, and still offering their own "in store" warranty. MB was my 'go to" store for 5+ years, and while I only had to make use of it once, having them take over the hassle of replacing an overheating Saphire ATI 1950bpro (systemic vrm cooling problem w/ v1 pcb) was well worth the trip across into hfx.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old October 27, 2011, 04:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
thats why i never bothered with microbytes for over 5 years
they are overpriced and act like they the only place to buy pc parts
The sales people ok..it's the Managers that won't help.

Not many other places here sell high end components...so I will only buy online from now on.
Old October 27, 2011, 04:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I hate sapphire RMA service for canada, but i like the cards. Just gotta cross your fingers the card isn't bunk.
Old October 27, 2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

I am curious... what is XFX's warranty like? If you buy a used XFX card, does it automatically transfer or does XFX demand serial numbers and/or receipts?
Old October 27, 2011, 06:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
I am curious... what is XFX's warranty like? If you buy a used XFX card, does it automatically transfer or does XFX demand serial numbers and/or receipts?
XFX's warranty is transferable once... You need to register the card in your name if you want to RMA, no receipts are required but I think you need the serial number or the previous owners registration info. As long as the card has only been registered once before you are good to go...